IGNORED

Leicester and Tammy

InCider

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

What makes it apparent? I've not seen anything. 

Now i may not be remembering it right but when he was signed I thought that LJ said as long as he was playing in the first team we didnt have to pay chelsea anything including wages or at least not much ? seems like a long time ago now but im sure it was along those lines.

I could see him at Leicester. He works hard and stays in the box. They like getting crosses in and could do with a poacher that doesn't go cold. Vardy is 30, Okazaki the same, Slimani a target man and Ulloa not favoured. They could do a lot worse. Tammy knows how to find the back of the net and I wouldn't be surprised if he netted 10+ in the prem if he got a good chance. 

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Shame he's only got a few games left for us . He's been fantastic for us . I will sure miss him . One of the few positives of the season.  :sad26:

The much bigger point is ( if we stay up ) have we got someone in mind / lined up to replace , if we do somehow stay up it will mean the two 20 goal strikers that have helped us do so won't be here and tbh we need another one , not easy but we do have a track record now of spotting them , may have to pay some real money to do so though.

3 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

The much bigger point is ( if we stay up ) have we got someone in mind / lined up to replace , if we do somehow stay up it will mean the two 20 goal strikers that have helped us do so won't be here and tbh we need another one , not easy but we do have a track record now of spotting them , may have to pay some real money to do so though.

Very true.

51 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

There were reports linking him with a Turkish club. His driving instructor who made an appearance on here said Tammy said he wouldn't be going there.

Galatasaray, I believe. Think he'll stay in England. 

12 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Refuse to have anything to do with that paper. But I very much doubt he'd end up at Leicester.  I'm sure they'd rather buy proven Premier League talent than shell out for TA. No disrespect to him, I think he'll go on to do great things, but I think he'll end up on loan at a Swansea next season.

Nowt wrong with the scum 

5 hours ago, cityboy said:

I think he'll be on the bench for Chelsea next season. Conte is rumoured to be a big fan of Tammy. And rightfully so; I've enjoyed watching him this year. He'll go on to big things if he keeps it up. I've compared him all year to Gary Lineker. Now, before anyone scoffs, I'm not saying he's as good, but i mean by the old Lineker saying of "being in the right place ALL of the time".

Conte wasn't keen on letting him come here this year. which is why it was only finalised the day before the Wigan game.

IIRC, the loan offer had originally been accepted after Ashton and LJ did a presentation with some of the Chelsea higher ups (think I heard Abramovich was there too, may have mixed that memory with something else). Then Johnson (and Ashton?) met Tammy and his parents at their house and convinced him to come here for the season- there were also offers from Brighton, Everton and somewhere else, think it was Norwich.

Then once Conte had seen more of Abraham in training sessions and reports from his England youth games, he was unsure about the loan deal and wanted Tammy to be around for this year.

Chelsea only have 3 strikers registered this season (Costa, Batshuayi and Solanke- taken from the Chelsea site). With Costa wanting to move and Batshuayi not really doing loads I wouldn't be surprised to see Tammy at Chelsea next season, albeit with a tiny role, though I suspect a loan to a Premier League side more likely.

Archived