IGNORED

Two more wins should do it

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone who's watched football for any length of time avoids rash statements such as

We all know how quickly things can change

Plenty of work still to do

I see Danny Graham came off bench yesterday and injured after six mins - all helps our cause and Reading their Forum most think they're stuffed

Yes but we have the marvellous Lee Johnson in charge , if anyone can **** it up he can . :laughcont:

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes but we have the marvellous Lee Johnson in charge , if anyone can **** it up he can . :laughcont:

I think any side could still **** up from here Stevie - it's football as we know !!

At the end of the strangest season ever there are too many counting chickens , some in trying to back up / justify the LJ defence

I do think yesterday was potentially a massive 90mins for us both in terms of our result and Blackburn and have a hunch the players will keep on the pedals this time

Some very very strange things going on and no one at the Club surviving unless they follow SLs project to the letter

For what it's worth I'm far from convinced by the whole thing and far from looking good in the short / medium term but let's just survive and draw breath

Absolutely delighted with yesterday's results though :D

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think any side could still **** up from here Stevie - it's football

At the end of the strangest season ever there are too many counting chickens , some in trying to back up the LJ defence

I do think yesterday was potentially a massive 90mins for us both in terms of our result and Blackburn and have a hunch the players will keep on the pedals this time

Some very very strange things going on and no one at the Club surviving unless they follow SLs project to the letter

For what it's worth I'm far from convinced by the whole thing and far from looking good in the short / medium term but let's just survive and draw breath

Yep totally agree, get this car crash of a season out of the way then see where we are. Like you I'm far from convinced of us progressing long term as things are . 

Still not convinced by Blackburn. They had their mini bounce but look back to their old ways now. Even with their bounce they haven't averaged a point per game. I know they're fighting now like we are but I think we've got much more to work with. Not losing to them is the most important thing for me as the four points will be tough for them to achieve I think. They've got a beatable Forest Friday but as Forest are still in this as well, it should make a tough match. 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Still not convinced by Blackburn. They had their mini bounce but look back to their old ways now. Even with their bounce they haven't averaged a point per game. I know they're fighting now like we are but I think we've got much more to work with. Not losing to them is the most important thing for me as the four points will be tough for them to achieve I think. They've got a beatable Forest Friday but as Forest are still in this as well, it should make a tough match. 

Reading their forum - they're unsurprisingly down and pd off and many suggesting the players don't care / have given up - Sounds like they are struggling

A few injuries about too 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Inclined to agree. 

I've said for weeks that the run of games from Wolves h to Barnsley h will determine our fate. 

We have three very winnable home games left. 

I think if we win on Friday survival is pretty much a done deal.

Agree that Friday is key-to win it would be huge for us..

Have to say it has draw written all over it,mind!

What's keeping me cautiously optimistic is the current form table. IIRC, we're 7th with 10 pts from the last 6 games, whilst all the clubs at the bottom of the form table also happen to be in or flirting with the relegation zone. Blackburn have 3 pts from 6 games and it look so like their mini bounce has burst. All we gotta do I is replicate this over the last 5 games.....but then we are Bristol City, :laugh:!

35 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yesterday didn't really surprise me as the last four games have shown that no one can predict what's next with any confidence

I wonder what fans of rival and other clubs must make of our last 4 results

Truly bizarre

Unpredictable I guess-and I predict unpredictability to continue....I think?

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Disagree, we are quite close to safety - a 4 point cushion and better goal difference over a woeful opponent is close to it.

I do like to get a bit carried away every once in a while.

That 4 point cushion could  be wiped out over next weekend, in fact we could be 2 points behind Blackburn by Monday 5pm.

Lets just wait and see what happens eh, and no I'm not trying to put a downer on things, I just don't think we should get ahead of ourselves because no one can predict our results, especially this season.

Just now, reddoh said:

If in the last game of the season Birmingham turn up and say they have forgotten their kit can we tell them they have to play in their pants? or can we tell them we forgot our away kit and they can f off? 

We did this ourselves at Orient in the 1980's, we played in their away kit, their away kit was..............all blue :yes:

Archived