IGNORED

Brentford - Chinese Owners?

Olé

Reported in FT today that a Chinese consortium is in talks over taking a 50% stake in Brentford for around £30m, valuing the club at £60m.

The main Chinese investor owns Nice in France's top flight and previously tried to buy Middlesborough and Hull. Could be another a) big spender or b) basket case in the Championship. Assuming the current owner retains 50% I assume it's more likely to be reasonably well run but have more spending power.

Also food for thought (good or bad) over the idea without SL there is nobody. I wonder how many approaches we have had? Many, I suspect.

Just now, Top Robin said:

Not sure if Brentford own their stadium but if they do its must be one of the most valuable bits of real estate in West London.......could be a shrewd move by our Chinese friends. 

They are moving to a new ground next couple of years I think? 

33 minutes ago, Olé said:

Reported in FT today that a Chinese consortium is in talks over taking a 50% stake in Brentford for around £30m, valuing the club at £60m.

The main Chinese investor owns Nice in France's top flight and previously tried to buy Middlesborough and Hull. Could be another a) big spender or b) basket case in the Championship. Assuming the current owner retains 50% I assume it's more likely to be reasonably well run but have more spending power.

Also food for thought (good or bad) over the idea without SL there is nobody. I wonder how many approaches we have had? Many, I suspect.

Indeed I would suspect many. No one can deny the potential of Bristol City Football Cub and how much of an income it could potentially produce. This club really could be a gold mine if invested wisely to help reach the Premier League and be able to sustain its position there. The potential fan base could go well above 40,000 due to lack of other competitors in this region. I believe it is just a case of Lansdown not wanting to sell. 

31 minutes ago, Olé said:

Maybe more approaches now that the stadium is complete etc. a pretty attractive option on paper IF and a very big IF you can appoint the right manager!

Im still envy the way Swansea went about replacing good manager after good manager ! If only !

7 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Indeed I would suspect many. No one can deny the potential of Bristol City Football Cub and how much of an income it could potentially produce. This club really could be a gold mine if invested wisely to help reach the Premier League and be able to sustain its position there. The potential fan base could go well above 40,000 due to lack of other competitors in this region. I believe it is just a case of Lansdown not wanting to sell. 

For the reasons you've given why would he want to ?

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

For the reasons I stated I suppose.

I actually think this season has been a wake up call for SL and that he's learned a lot from it albeit too late in the season to act in the way we would all like. My ample gut tells me that there could be a shake up at the end of the season that might surprise us all.

On the other hand it might just be wishful thinking on my behalf.

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

Might have a spare pair for you. Few holes, discoloured a tad, permanent stench. Bit of an upgrade I believe?

I will need to chisel the old ones off first, but thanks for the offer.

17 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Mr Lansdown has ploughed £100m+ into City with no signs of slowing down - and people think that we could do better! As has been said before - be careful what you wish for! 

its not often i agree with you !! but i do on this 

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Mr Lansdown has ploughed £100m+ into City with no signs of slowing down - and people think that we could do better! As has been said before - be careful what you wish for! 

Stop stirring. Implied in nothing I said - I noted simply that the desire to buy into clubs was food for thought good or bad.

With that said, any new interest would have to buy in at market value which SL has significantly increased. He would not be penalised by new investment, far from it he would realise some value for all his efforts and at a 50% investment as has been proposed to Brentford, it would not remove his 'sensible' influence, merely provide a different point of view with an equal say, which at this point might be healthy.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

I actually think this season has been a wake up call for SL and that he's learned a lot from it albeit too late in the season to act in the way we would all like. My ample gut tells me that there could be a shake up at the end of the season that might surprise us all.

On the other hand it might just be wishful thinking on my behalf.

I feel this every season near enough Tone, but it seems Lansdown keeps dropping the one of his oars and we keep going in circles. What does your gut imply saying a 'shake-up'?

4 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

What does your gut imply saying a 'shake-up'?

Normally last nights curry !

Just think that SL might become a tad more ruthless especially when you see us and the Rugby club struggling in such a way.  He's invested a lot of money and failure will only impact on the bottom line for Bristol Sport. Even if BCFC survive I'm not 100% sure that LJ will in his current position. A move sideways maybe for LJ (Director of talking Bollocks) with a more established manager coming in. My prediction is one Mr Moyes.

39 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Normally last nights curry !

Just think that SL might become a tad more ruthless especially when you see us and the Rugby club struggling in such a way.  He's invested a lot of money and failure will only impact on the bottom line for Bristol Sport. Even if BCFC survive I'm not 100% sure that LJ will in his current position. A move sideways maybe for LJ (Director of talking Bollocks) with a more established manager coming in. My prediction is one Mr Moyes.

I think Johnson is here until your next change of pants.

Archived