IGNORED

End of the Matt Smith love affair

dragonreds

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Tammy at least looks dangerous and runs defenders,smith got less movement than wilbs and he's 10 years older

I am his biggest fan dont think he held the ball up well at all. Worked hard though not knocking the bloke.

16 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Rather than criticise Matt Smith about poor form I would like applaud Aiden Flint for another superb performance. The man won almost everything in the air against big Matt yesterday so good on ya Flinter!

As did Bailey Wright, who Smith tried to stick himself on.

very good work from the entire back 4 yesterday. 

13 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Smith was man marked by Flint, a threat was identified and the manager out a plan into place to nullify it.

Threat identified? 'Plan' to nullify it?

Hardly exceptional tactical genius to tell your own dominating defensive giant to mark the oppositions brawny colossus whose only real threat comes from his height.

I think most of us might have thought of that!!

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Threat identified? 'Plan' to nullify it?

Hardly exceptional tactical genius to tell your own dominating defensive giant to mark the oppositions brawny colossus whose only real threat comes from his height.

I think most of us might have thought of that!!

No one said it was a hard thing to spot, but it was necessary and it was done.

Instead of looking to take credit away whenever you possibly can, how about not saying anything? I only mentioned it because it was this being put into place (and executed well by our defenders) that made Smith so ineffective.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

No one said it was a hard thing to spot, but it was necessary and it was done.

Instead of looking to take credit away whenever you possibly can, how about not saying anything? I only mentioned it because it was this being put into place (and executed well by our defenders) that made Smith so ineffective.

How about you stop seeking so desperately to credit LJ for something that couldn't have been more blatently obvious, even to those of us who aren't amongst the most outstanding young coaches in the country/world/of all time?

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

How about you stop seeking so desperately to credit LJ for something that couldn't have been more blatently obvious, even to those of us who aren't amongst the most outstanding young coaches in the country/world/of all time?

I wasnt desperately seeking anything

The thread was about Matt Smith and why his performance was poor yesterday, I simply pointed out one of the major factors.

25 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wasnt desperately seeking anything

The thread was about Matt Smith and why his performance was poor yesterday, I simply pointed out one of the major factors.

You are wasting your time James........ it's probably a shame Pembo isn't still here so they can say it was his idea. I am pretty sure they aren't going to put it down to Macca as that would the "nepotism" (sic)  had a positive effect as well.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

You are wasting your time James........ it's probably a shame Pembo isn't still here so they can say it was his idea. I am pretty sure they aren't going to put it down to Macca as that would the "nepotism" (sic)  had a positive effect as well.

So you're agreeing with James that LJ wracking his outstanding tactical brain and, presumably, having a 'eureka' moment that he should directly counter a huge lump in Smith - whose only real threat is aerial - with our own enormous centre back is something worthy of being commented on positively?

Even though a 5 year old would have thought of that?

Matt Smith was livid when he was taken off. Sat in 'dug out' and didn't speak to anyone until the end of the game. Looked like he was gonna explode. Nice touch at end of the game though was a young lad about five held up a sign with 'Matty Smith, we still love you. Can i have your shirt please' on it. Matt gave him his shirt. Nice touch!

Archived