IGNORED

Today's 2 linesmen.

GrahamC

Desperately bad.

In the first half I reckon the ball went out of play four times and they didn't signal, as well as missing several blatant offsides.

But the tall idiot in front of the Dolman saved his best for the last few seconds, somehow managing to miss a late, high challenge on Joe Bryan right in front of him. QPR scored from the cross, making Frankie's brilliant save at the start of the second half more vital than it should have been.

Utterly incompetent, both of them.

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Desperately bad.

In the first half I reckon the ball went out of play four times and they didn't signal, as well as missing several blatant offsides.

But the tall idiot in front of the Dolman saved his best for the last few seconds, somehow managing to miss a late, high challenge on Joe Bryan right in front of him. QPR scored from the cross, making Frankie's brilliant save at the start of the second half more vital than it should have been.

Utterly incompetent, both of them.

I normally agree with everything you say Graham, but desperately bad? 

Bastard awful I'd say.

To be fair some of the refs we've had this season at the gate have been quite good in my opinion, but in the majority they have been let down by some truly awful linesmen. They don't keep up with play and seem scared to make a decision, instead abdicating all responsibility to the ref. The goon in front of the Dolman today was unfortunately one of the most inept to date, leading to their goal.

Total pecker neck.

It's symptomatic of the poor standard of reffing in this country. Starting from grassroots up. The Gloucestershire branch of the FA are a shambles and as for the FA themselves - they do precious little to encourage up and coming refs. My son reffs kids games and would like to do more courses and there's just no support. Reckon he would have run the game better than today's ref and he's only 17.

Archived