IGNORED

Melt down at BCFC, fans want manager out, players fighting...

cityexile

Three or four sides in this league are "ruthless" on a consistent basis.

Three or four sides are "toothless" week by week.

In between these two distinct groups are sides like QPR, Ipswich, Cardiff, Barnsley, Preston, even Sheffield Wednesday. Hit n miss. No mugs, but no great shakes either. They have their good days, and their off days.

This league is not impossible. 

8 hours ago, Kashmir said:

I remember us saying that to the Barnsley fans at the start of the season.

I also thought Burton would be certs for relegation.

No reason why Sheff U can't survive in this league.

I think they should stay up, the survival rate of promoted League One teams is almost 80%. It's the Blades that have told me they'll be top half pushing towards the playoffs that will probably be in for a surprise. You never really know of course, Barnsley have had a great season, but Wigan were champions and they've been very poor.

If they end up finishing above Wednesday next season I'm emigrating.

Just now, Owl Visiting said:

I think they should stay up, the survival rate of promoted League One teams is almost 80%. It's the Blades that have told me they'll be top half pushing towards the playoffs that will probably be in for a surprise. You never really know of course, Barnsley have had a great season, but Wigan were champions and they've been very poor.

If they end up finishing above Wednesday next season I'm emigrating.

Is moving outside of Yorkshire considered emigrating? 

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

This league is actually very mediocre. The amount of crap I've seen at AG the past two seasons (mostly from us yes, but sometimes from others) is pretty staggering. Only people like Bannon or Tammy have stood out.

What this league has is a lot of is very streetwise teams and players. They might not be the best teams in the world, but they know how to go about getting results.

For a long time, I don;t think we've been streetwise enough and I think one of our biggest failings is that we are too naive and don't indulge in the cynical tactics that many opponents seem to use as a matter of course. While I think that LJ is a lot tougher than many give him credit for ( he needs to be after this season) I can't imagine him telling his players to adopt snide and cynical tactics. On the other hand, I don't think Managers like Warnock and Holloway would have any such qualms.

9 hours ago, Kashmir said:

Maybe, but the two who won automatic promotion last season (Wigan & Burton) are in real danger of joining Rotherham in going down.

Had Barnsley not had such a brilliant start (they have since been won 2 of their last 14) they would be in the relegation shake up, too.

We hear about the sides going into the Prem struggling, but it now looks like Burnley will stay up this year and Hull are 51/49 to do so too.

Whoever wins the playoffs, plus Bolton who looks odds on for automatic, will find it a real challenge to survive.

11 hours ago, Kashmir said:

sheff utd been in the prem a few times, will start learning how to use there money in the right way in the future

Archived