IGNORED

Touch of class by spurs fans today!

Spoons

36 minutes ago, downendcity said:

For all the mistakes he has made, it makes me glad that we have SL as an owner. Those that would want him gone, might think on as to the type of owner that could replace him.

I could have predicted this.

To me they are 2 different things, what about the foreign owners at Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Leicester, Bournemouth, etc, etc?

Better to have an English owner like the ones currently gutting Torquay, eh?

Lansdown's record on the pitch as owner is pretty dreadful per pound spent but the spectre of certain foreign owners is always brought up in his defence..

If I think of the type of owner who replaces him can I have Burnley's, then?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I could have predicted this.

To me they are 2 different things, what about the foreign owners at Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Leicester, Bournemouth, etc, etc?

Better to have an English owner like the ones currently gutting Torquay, eh?

Lansdown's record on the pitch as owner is pretty dreadful per pound spent but the spectre of certain foreign owners is always brought up in his defence..

If I think of the type of owner who replaces him can I have Burnley's, then?

But therein lies the problem GC -  fans don't get to chose the new owner.

It might have been predictable, but are owners like at Chelsea and Man City going to be interested in Bristol City?

4 hours ago, gas8er said:

Correct, he asset stripped the club by selling the land and stands for housing and then sold out to however was the highest bidder.

He sold Orient for £4M, Hearn retained ownership of the stadium and all those new apartment developments. Orient now rent the stadium from Hearn, and despite professing his love for the club this love doesn't extended to waiving the rent whilst they try to find the £250K- it's all tied up with a pension fund apparently.

Undoubtedly the Italian owner is a crook who has lost interest in LO and now refuses to put any more money in - but the deal to buy the club benefited neither the club,fans or new owner. Only Hearn has seen any benefit.

And Hearn is worth £78 million so he could end this shambles if he wanted.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

But therein lies the problem GC -  fans don't get to chose the new owner.

It might have been predictable, but are owners like at Chelsea and Man City going to be interested in Bristol City?

Exactly mate. For all his perceived faults we know what we have with SL and I for one don`t think it`s worth the gamble of what might follow - grass isn`t always greener and all that.

Archived