IGNORED

Scary possibility

old_eastender

This is why I mentioned on another thread, today was a must win game for me, it may never happen but this is football in the Championship and anything can happen. We will need to beat Barnsley, they haven't got anything to play for as they are safe from the drop so we should/must win that. Can't see us getting anything vs Brighton as they will probably want to "seal" the title win over Newcastle. (Hopefully they have done that by beating Norwich on Saturday)

Lets just all see how it is by 5pm on Saturday.

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Looking at next 2 games for all those in the mix:

Can see Blackburn getting 4 pts from Wolves A and Villa H, Forest getting 3 pts from Reading H and QPR A, Brum getting 1 points from Villa A and Huddersfield H, Burton getting nil points from Leeds H and Barnsley A.

Can't see us getting anything at Brighton, and Barnsley won't be easy, as they are well organised team with a much smarter young manager than we have! Also although they have nothing much to play for, I'd wager several of their players would love to get 1 over LJ.

So it could be that going into our last game at Home to Brum we need at least a draw to stay up (and Brum have sent us down twice before), as table could be:

City    48 pts

Forest 48 pts

Burton 48 Pts

Blackburn 48 pts

Brum 48 pts

Wigan & Rotherham down.

I cant see Blackburn getting a point at Wolves.

I don't care about Birmingham, but I must admit, I'd have a little chuckle if Forest went down.

With the table as it is, we'd need all the teams below us to have a massive change in form for us to go down. It would be a huge statistical anomoly if they did. I think we've got enough already to be honest. With our GD what it is,  Blackburn or Wigan would need to get 49 points.....that's not gonna happen?

7 hours ago, Rascal said:

You're safe, you've got nothing to worry about, you've just done enough, your goal difference will see you safe as it is, and you'll get at least a point on Saturday. 

We remember (with very fond memories) what happened to the Sags a short while ago.

I think your boys will have some coming their way Saturday to ensure the same doesn't happen to us

Archived