IGNORED

Lansdown Upper Tier Open for Birmingham - CONFIRMED

Xiled

2 hours ago, 42nite said:

I can kind of see where the club are coming from. If a block was released and we could just choose any seats,  it would be natural to choose  seats with spaces next to them.  (We can't choose the person who sits there, so a space would be preferable, and it's somewhere to keep the prawn sarnies). If sold this way the block would be littered with empty single seats, not what the club wants.

However, there is a way to avoid this 'scatter gun' effect. If you try to buy online tickets for a show at the Colston Hall, (Callsnaw) you can choose your seats, but it will not let you buy seats if you leave a gap of one seat, as this single seat will be more difficult to sell. If you then select your seats but close the gap.....it then lets you go ahead.

Could we not do this?  It would give us...the supporter/customer at least a little choice. Rather than...That's where you sit, take it or leave it!   (Not good).

I'm sure they will have ensured the system allows that before buying it. 

They like due diligence. 

20 hours ago, glynriley said:

Are there any other clubs in the top 2 flights of English football that keep part of the ground closed on a regular basis??

All seems very amateur and small minded thinking to me.

Blackburn last week. Top tiers of two stands closed. It's pretty common really.

20 hours ago, havanatopia said:

All that is needed is a bod to write some code and amend the computer program so that when a block reaches a certain density, as opposed to a certain number of seats sold (there is a difference), it auto triggers the next block. I wish the club would be more open and listen to experts; that being said it might be out of their hands already? We have a team out here doing code that re-writes naff programs and turns them into mind blowing marketing tools.. of course they are also no good if the people operating them are clueless which is why most clients hand over the marketing to us as well. Can all be done remotely.

Maybe, but personally I think you should be spending a bit less time on that and a bit more on your own OTIB duties. Past 8 and still no match day thread. Buck your ideas up. Can be done remotely!!

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Blackburn last week. Top tiers of two stands closed. It's pretty common really.

Seems to be pretty common amongst ex premier league clubs, which is understandable, their crowds would have gone down. 

I still think we missed a trick when you hear of fans looking for tickets and can't find 2 or 3 together yet we have a bloody gert teir closed. I get the cost aspect of stewarding and opening kiosks and the like, I just think the opening of a new stand with all the novelty value it brings, we maybe should have opened it all season to gauge interest. 

Interested to see how it goes next season with the family section up there. 

Archived