IGNORED

Bristol Manor Farm : Presentation then City on TV (Merged)

JamesBCFC

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I spoke with Lee Lashenko as I left the ground last night.

Congratulated him on the season and asked about the rumours of him leaving.

He acknowledged there were rumours about him going to Paulton, but said he would definitely be at Manor Farm next year.

Yeah that was the "rumour" I alluded to at the top of the thread. Watch a fair bit of Paulton and heard the "rumour" about a month ago. Paulton struggled this season, but finished season really strongly, but Tony Ricketts (manager) was still dismissed last Friday. BMF and Paulton will be in the same league next season, so looking forward to a couple more local games, as long as they don't clash with City games.

12 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yeah that was the "rumour" I alluded to at the top of the thread. Watch a fair bit of Paulton and heard the "rumour" about a month ago. Paulton struggled this season, but finished season really strongly, but Tony Ricketts (manager) was still dismissed last Friday. BMF and Paulton will be in the same league next season, so looking forward to a couple more local games, as long as they don't clash with City games.

I think the rumour has been around for a couple of months to be fair.

Someone alluded to it on a thread a while back, if BMF hadn't gone up, I wouldn't have been surprised if he had gone to a side in a higher division.

While Farm have been able to pay some players a bit this year, Lashenko is a good manager regardless I'd say. I know he did a good job with a club a couple years back who had very little money, possibly Bishop Sutton.

Can see Farms average attendance being over 150 next season, maybe above 180. The games against Mangotsfield and Yate will get a couple hundred. A shame they missed out on facing Hereford by one season!

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Someone alluded to it on a thread a while back, if BMF hadn't gone up, I wouldn't have been surprised if he had gone to a side in a higher division.

While Farm have been able to pay some players a bit this year, Lashenko is a good manager regardless I'd say. I know he did a good job with a club a couple years back who had very little money, possibly Bishop Sutton.

Can see Farms average attendance being over 150 next season, maybe above 180. The games against Mangotsfield and Yate will get a couple hundred. A shame they missed out on facing Hereford by one season!

Blimey, when I was secretary in the Steve Fey management era we were lucky to get 30/40.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Sutton were paying very good money at that point. 

As expected, those with decent budgets are usually top 3. 

9 hours ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Blimey, when I was secretary in the Steve Fey management era we were lucky to get 30/40.

Thats how its been most of the time I have been going, crowds of 30-40. Might have got as high as 60-70 when they played Hallen.

From memory the numbers started going up about 4-5 seasons ago. Helped by 4 consectutive top 4 finishes (Arsene Wenger who?!)

Archived