Bob Binalong

This season we have had three distinct phases:

Up to 1 Oct

P11 W6 D2  L3 Pts 20

15 Oct to 28 Jan

P 16 W2 D1 L13 Pts 7

31 Jan to 22 Apr

W6 D6 L4 Pts 24

If we had reproduced the two good phases through the whole season we would be on 72 points. Challenging for a play off place.

Give Lee a chance. He survived the blip now we can push on and he needn't push off

13 hours ago, Bob Binalong said:

This season we have had three distinct phases:

Up to 1 Oct

P11 W6 D2  L3 Pts 20

15 Oct to 28 Jan

P 16 W2 D1 L13 Pts 7

31 Jan to 22 Apr

W6 D6 L4 Pts 24

If we had reproduced the two good phases through the whole season we would be on 72 points. Challenging for a play off place.

Give Lee a chance. He survived the blip now we can push on and he needn't push off

yeah spot on  this has been the problem this season   that middle 3rd has been ultra poor  that involved the record  breaking loosing run   however only 1 of those were odd goal defeats ,   so  with just another say 3 wins  that would have got us up to around 60 points    which would have secured a mid table finish   Reckon we would all have taken that at the start of the season !

I think playoffs due to the high points threshold this season was always unlikely, plus this being our 2nd season only at this level . Still should be midtable, Barnsley/Preston territory perhaps even pushing top 10 if not for the catastrophic slump from about November 5th-Forest away.

I would break it into 3 phases slightly differently:

P15W7D3L4PTS24- Excellent and I include up to Barnsley away in that, 1/3 of season. Fortress at home, near the top 6- should never have slid as far and fast as we did but it can happen.

P12W1D0L11- Rotherham territory basically, that was catastrophic. Late goals conceded, groundhog day- indeed in 2 successive home games in Jan Reading and Cardiff something incredibly similar happened- we were 2-1 ahead going into the last 10 and yet in both shipped two goals in the last 10 mins.  I know v Reading it was 2-0 up 20 and v Cardiff it was 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 going into last 10 but I couldn't believe it, was incredibly bad. The last 10 mins were not kind to us in that period...

P17W6D6L5- Turning point Sheff Wed at home IMO. And then if it's possible a 2nd one was 2nd half v Norwich.  But overall for me, rot was stopped v Sheff Wed at home- good spirited display, competing with a top 6 side on a cold night, first green shoots came there tbh, Off the back of 8 losses on the spin and even worse 11 in 12, was vital we got something there and gave some hope- and we did.

Another observation is that under LJ we do not draw enough. Couple of those losses turned into draw and we would be on the cusp of midtable. Under him last season and to an extent this season, it seems to be shit or bust, win or nothing.

Archived