IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

2 hours ago, ploppy said:

Umm why are you ignoring his last few games? Seems a bit unfair seeing as these were the games which effectively kept us in the league (i.e. much higher pressure games than ones earlier in the season where there were more points available)?

Because I think we need perspective to remember the whole season contribution. I agree he's been fantastic for perhaps 5 games and I hope he will now sustain this, but across the whole season, he was very much on par with the players we seem to love scapegoating in this thread for being past their best.

3 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

Would anybody pay the fee that we would want though?

In Turkey, China or the States he could be huge , clubs there could pay the money for such a talented player .

I would be very sad to see him go as he is a throwback to the days of football artistry over athleticism.

He reminds me of Arjen Robben .

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Yes I do. IMO he has been a huge disappointment and I would expect him to go to pastures new. I know he is a maverick and brings outrageous skill/touches but he just ain't a team player.

We once had a Polish player quite similar.

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

We didn't see more of him because LJ wanted to keep tomlin in the team and him and Paterson couldn't work together as they are too similar, now we have Paterson being given freedom to roam he is playing excellently

Let's face it there were plenty of fans insisting that Tomlin should be an automatic pick until relatively recently. If he had the application of players with less talent than him he would be.

Paterson said when he signed that he joined us because LJ would let him play his natural game, which he now is.

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Between the start of February and the start of April he played less than half an hours first team football despite being fully fit throughout.

Utterly baffling by LJ.

Sure he was fully fit? LJ is a lot of things in his RB interviews but a blatant liar?

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as he was frequently an unused sub during that time, I guess so.

There was a period of 4 or 5 games when he was not in the squad - that was due to injury. He was due to start the game the day after he broke down in training.

Archived