IGNORED

what positions do we need in the summer

Healeyred96

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'm only posting my personal view Stevie. Isn't that what any forum is for?

I think that this particular thread is completely pointless and I struggle to understand why threads like this get started......:dunno:

I dont think it was ever as bad as this before we went up into the ........ 'SBC' !    :argh:

GK, RB, LB and 2 strikers.

When we consider that Giefer, Matthews, Cotterill and of course Tammy will be leaving as their loans expired. Wilbraham is aging.

Thinking about it, if Cotterill goes another winger maybe?

Either way I don't think we need  a huge revamp, squad is not too bad- midtable to lower midtable IMO thats the level we are at. The players, especially the young ones and the raft who arrived last summer now have a years more experience and will have learnt- so too hopefully will LJ!

As to the money wasted or not, not too much I think. A number of work in progress signings, I am cautiously optimistic- with the correct replacements/upgrades/depth added that we can have a midtable season next year- may not be too much higher in the League but more comfortable and solid throughout. Not too much upheaval I hope as though a stack of players coming in looks great, often- unless they are of the highest highest calibre, it can cause more problems than it solves- certainly in the short term.

5 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Funny how we all see the game differently, I've rarely seen any decent football this season, perhaps the Fulham away game and that is it. I enjoyed the home game against QPR at some points also, and witnessed spells of decent play.

But highlighting your second paragraph, we've played like we have all the season regarding the first half against Barnsley, hence our league position. The football has been completely poor in my book, and I am quite astonished how we look to survive this season.

2nd half against Villa at home we played some lovely stuff, and also away at Wednesday, Derby and Newcastle in the 1st halves respectively. 

We really need to find some consistency in our play next season, and hopefully a settled starting 11 will help with that. It's only taken us until April to find one mind  :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

2nd half against Villa at home we played some lovely stuff, and also away at Wednesday, Derby and Newcastle in the 1st halves respectively. 

We really need to find some consistency in our play next season, and hopefully a settled starting 11 will help with that. It's only taken us until April to find one mind  :facepalm:

Home to Leeds was also a good performance- though it may not stick out, it was a good, fairly evenly spread 90 mins display against what turned out to be a pretty decent side.

The spirit and comebacks of other games too- we piled it on v Derby, Forest, and as you state Villa 2nd half- in case of Derby last half hour mostly. I think all those had some good football.

On 26/04/2017 at 15:39, glynriley said:

as a daisy.

Well I can't begrudge him a move.  If he ever wanted a chance at top flight football then he's at the age we're he's got to take it.  Also we'd get s load of money for him too. 

Archived