IGNORED

Next season..

Big Red Rich

1 hour ago, Super said:

Really looking forward to a 3 month break. Thankfully no International tournament either.

I read this and initially thought how much I hate the summer break without football. But then I considered it and you're right. I could really do with a break, I'm tired. 

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Traditionally I've always thought we'd have a good chance of promotion when we're in the Third division and a good chance of a relegation struggle when we kick off in the Second or , God forbid , the First . 

City til I die .

I'm optimistic at the start of every season but normally my hopes are dashed between 5-10 games in. I can remember us letting in a goal within a minute against Northampton I think? And losing 5 on the spin under Tc's reign.

Just now, Thatch35 said:

HAHAHAHA - Patterson? Had a few good games - didn't feature all season.

Brownhill - rubbish signing - nothing there to suggest he would ever feature in a top 10 team. Barnsley got rid - says it all.

Wright - No football brain, why did Preston get rid - simple really

Others?? 

The only thing I agree with is your last two words 'some promise' - but that's it.

Without Tammy - who City were very very lucky to get, League One would already be a reality.

If this was anyone else, I'd assume it was clumsy irony, but I fear that dear Thatch is serious. 

So you are qualified to deem an international player 'not to have a football brain' are you?  It's surprising you haven't got a job in the sport really...

12 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Brownhill - rubbish signing - nothing there to suggest he would ever feature in a top 10 team. Barnsley got rid - says it all.

Others?? 

The only thing I agree with is your last two words 'some promise' - but that's it.

Without Tammy - who City were very very lucky to get, League One would already be a reality.

Whole lot stinks of LJ - Wil he sign another 8-10 players this summer, what about the 20 this season?? Oh - forgot he needs 3 windows, 3 windows of shit players.

Sure that's cheered everyone up...

I would be happy to see Brownhill Wright and Patterson here next season.

14 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Others?? 

Whole lot stinks of LJ - Wil he sign another 8-10 players this summer, what about the 20 this season?? Oh - forgot he needs 3 windows, 3 windows of shit players.

Is this a lesson in how to embarrass yourself..?

14 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Others?? 

He wasn't Barnsleys' player Thatch. He was on loan there from PNE and out of contract so we pounced. I appreciate it's all about opinions but I think he's alright and will become a fine player.

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Team with most players used this season - Wigan: 41

Least players used - Leeds/Huddersfield: 25

Average players used by Championship teams: 31

Bristol City: 32 

About average then.

I don't think it's the amount of players used which has been a problem, more the constant tinkering. 

I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't top the league for amount of changes to starting line up. 

1 minute ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

I don't think it's the amount of players used which has been a problem, more the constant tinkering. 

I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't top the league for amount of changes to starting line up. 

Exactly it's not the number of players used. It's the 4/5 changes to the starting line up every game that was killing us.

He keeps the same team for 4 games and ditches the players who think he's a cock ie Tomlin/O'Neill and low and behold we get some points on the board.

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Team with most players used this season - Wigan: 41

Least players used - Leeds/Huddersfield: 25

Average players used by Championship teams: 31

Bristol City: 32 

About average then.

I guess it's the same for everyone but if you consider players like Ayling are included in our players used, and he played once or twice at the most, then it gives a misleading picture in my opinion. Yes we used him, but it sounds like we we choosing from a squad of 32 when in reality we weren't.

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Others?? 

Patto - doing great now.

Brownhill - wanted by Barnsley in Jan, didn't sign new contract with PNE hence signed for us.

Wright - didn't sign contract offered by PNE.

Give it a rest. I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!.

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Patto - doing great now.

Brownhill - wanted by Barnsley in Jan, didn't sign new contract with PNE hence signed for us.

Wright - didn't sign contract offered by PNE.

Give it a rest. I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!.

Zzzz

This was due to me writing a series of Z's, in fact I do not like that ridiculous post.

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Some of those stats shock me 

Where did you get them from Joe ?

Talk about the modern game !

Amazed the least is 25 

Various databases. The results are a bit different depending on league games/cup games etc (i.e with Leeds, it might be 3/4 more if you include cup games) but yes, that is the number of players being used. 

9 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Issue is though he's gonna look to sign at least another 7 first reamers this summer which means he only knew his best team for 6-7 games. 

This current XI will be torn up and the his first team will be an experimental laboritory by August as he goes looking all over again. Will it take as long as this season or will he discover his best team before he's booted will be the big question.  

that sounds good having had too google it, it gives you a smooth round hole I assume for the midfield too break through perhaps you should be manager.

5 hours ago, RedM said:

I guess it's the same for everyone but if you consider players like Ayling are included in our players used, and he played once or twice at the most, then it gives a misleading picture in my opinion. Yes we used him, but it sounds like we we choosing from a squad of 32 when in reality we weren't.

Absolutely, it's not a true indication of the core number of squad players.

In fact from that 32 - only 17 have made more than 19 apps this season, in the league. 

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

People saying no international tournament but don`t forget our Tammy will be tearing up the U23 Euros in Poland in the summer. That`ll be worth a watch at least.

Knowing England they'll not bring him but bring the likes of Rashford, Watmore and rely on Redmond and Demarai Gray to do a job there because it's a tournament and they want to win. 

5 hours ago, RedM said:

I think maybe they were giving the piss

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Knowing England they'll not bring him but bring the likes of Rashford, Watmore and rely on Redmond and Demarai Gray to do a job there because it's a tournament and they want to win. 

Watmore`s unlikely to be fit though - not even sure he`s back training, last I heard he was saving a drowning yachtsman off Barbados so I reckon Tammy will go myself.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Watmore`s unlikely to be fit though - not even sure he`s back training, last I heard he was saving a drowning yachtsman off Barbados so I reckon Tammy will go myself.

I hope so. Would be nice to see him there and be the feature striker. In that kind of tournament he could do well as a lone striker against people closer his age. 

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Various databases. The results are a bit different depending on league games/cup games etc (i.e with Leeds, it might be 3/4 more if you include cup games) but yes, that is the number of players being used. 

I see there's been 42 coaches / managers in Championship this year !!!

Incredible across 24 Clubs !!!!!

9 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Others?? 

The only point I'll agree with you on is wright-average at best and hardly there-lacks positional sense & pace,tries to make up for it with undoubted commitment.

Not a player to take us forwards.

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

And Mourinho doesn't want Rashford to go either.

Tammy will go as long as he's fit.

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I see there's been 42 coaches / managers in Championship this year !!!

Incredible across 24 Clubs !!!!!

Yes, I think 12 of the 24 champ teams have replaced their manager at least once this season. Some are on 3 or 4!

Archived