IGNORED

Dave Cotterill - Last Game

tinman85

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

He looked just what we needed when he first came in, physically strong, provided good defensive cover and great crosses. Had one poor game, reputedly a difference of opinion with LJ and that was that - frozen out like several before him. Can't see us signing him, but fancy could still do a decent job in the championship somewhere.

I was impressed to begin with but he never took his man on, glad he was replaced on the right.

53 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

So what was the reason for never making a tackle before that?

I don't think it's his thing, after all when we played them up there instead of tackling Joe his answer was to shove him over the hoardings

8 hours ago, old_eastender said:

He looked just what we needed when he first came in, physically strong, provided good defensive cover and great crosses. Had one poor game, reputedly a difference of opinion with LJ and that was that - frozen out like several before him. Can't see us signing him, but fancy could still do a decent job in the championship somewhere.

another fall out dont take much

DC wast another good signing at the time, bringing experience to an unsettled side short in confidence; congratulations again to the recruitment team and to Lj for playing him consistently and in his best position

Noone could argue though that after 12 games there were other better options so the team would be better without him; again well done Lj

It isn't always fashionable on here to praise the coaching team and Lj but he got everything about DC right and we thank DC for his well paid work at BS3.. and now move on.

9 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

another fall out dont take much

With the possition were in it shouldn't take much - the club keep making it sound like it's a bed of roses but if their hasn't been some strong words and reactions this season then we probably have even bigger problems than what we see.

18 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

I appreciate you're being pedantic/funny here, but Cotterill had a playing role that helped us achieve enough points to be (almost) safe in the championship.

That's the trouble with a few on here, very quick with their smartass replies.

It's all about opinion.

I think he's an experienced Championship player and in my opinion would be a welcome addition to our squad on a permanent basis this summer.

He's had a positive impact and it would seem had no future under Zola but that may change with 'Harry if he stays.

We're up against Sidwell today, now he could be just the person we need on a year's contract as I don't think they'll be keeping him on.

Cotts has picked up an injury which I don't think has cleared up.

Interesting reading their forum / views on him

Mixed generally with people praising his crossing an set pieces and creating chances but criticising work rate and failure to put his foot in 

Personally thought he was a vital cog in helping us get and gain some momentum to get us out the almighty hole we were in 

21 hours ago, old_eastender said:

The one thing I'm noticing is it's the self-confident, strong-minded that seem to be having the arguments with LJ.... funny that. 

Became a nice little earner for us after one very good performance vs Northampton which luckily was live on TV....

Next day he was packing his bags and we were awaiting a cool chequer for £2million.

Came back and helped to spark the revival (I believe) was a decent loan despite later performances..

All in all I think Dave Cotterill has done pretty well for us one way or another... we've certainly had much worse.

Archived