IGNORED

Redbirds v Newcastle

Red Army 75

Just now, CrazyInWeston said:

Well thats it, Brighton will be very determined to win tomorrow now and seal the title at home vs us. 

Probably, but this is FOOTBALL we are talking about. What i'd give for a nice little Tammy from the halfway line payback job on Sky

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

In players mindset, is promotion to the prem enough once you have it? It's a massive prize 

Do they really care if they get the title or not? 

I`ve often thought that mate. While it`s nice to win the league, I really don`t care that much if we finished second and went up.

3 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Well thats it, Brighton will be very determined to win tomorrow now and seal the title at home vs us. 

....or they will be very nervous with Newcastle sniffing for the title and with an easy last game at home v Barnsley for the geordies with Brighton having to go to Villa..............City could take advantage 

In players mindset, is promotion to the prem enough once you have it? It's a massive prize 

I would say winning the title is very important to players. I remember SC saying being a champion no one can take that away from you. Something like that anyway 

Just now, OldlandReddies said:

....or they will be very nervous with Newcastle sniffing for the title and with an easy last game at home v Barnsley for the geordies with Brighton having to go to Villa..............City could take advantage 

Lets just be safe before we even kick off. It would be nice to get something there but much nicer to just enjoy the game without any lingering worries.

5 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I doubt anyone will lose any sleep if they don't get the title, but of course they will want to put that cherry on top of their promotion cake, without a doubt! 

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I would say winning the title is very important to players. I remember SC saying being a champion no one can take that away from you. Something like that anyway 

I can see the importance to a degree, a champion is a champion 

Personally I didn't get carried away when we did the double with SC at that level 

When I was a young teen, we lost the league to Rovers and I wasn't massively impressed we did a opened top bus as runners up to them

I can see the importance to a degree, a champion is a champion 

Personally I didn't get carried away when we did the double with SC at that level 

When I was a young teen, we lost the league to Rovers and I wasn't massively impressed we did a opened top bus as runners up to them

I did thought it was brilliant. Probably because it was the only time I seen us win as champions. Either way let's just hope things go our way . COYR

18 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Sorry mate but can't see the logic in that.  What have they got to be nervous about?  As you say, they have a more different last match so they know that they need a win tomorrow.  What do they have to lose?  We will need to be at the very top of our game to avoid a drubbing.  Brighton are a very good team...

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry mate but can't see the logic in that.  What have they got to be nervous about?  As you say, they have a more different last match so they know that they need a win tomorrow.  What do they have to lose?  We will need to be at the very top of our game to avoid a drubbing.  Brighton are a very good team...

Gonna stick my neck out and say they won't "drub" us. If I'm wrong....

I'm wrong   :laugh:

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We'll see. Intriguing game thats for sure.

Just now, OldlandReddies said:

could be that we will have less 'to lose' than Brighton if Huddersfield win or Villa get a point, then we can play with complete freedom and give them a proper game. Really looking forward to it. COYR's !!!

If Huddersfield get a point then, for me, it's completely over. We'll be 16 goals better off than Birmingham and they could only finish level on points. 

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

Difficult to know really. Maybe Brighton with no pressure will whip us 8-2. Mind you, they still have time to celebrate hard tonight if they are champions after this match...

Did you choose the 8-2 score line just to hurt me and thousands of others who still haven't forgiven Brighton for giving that mob this day out?!!!

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Did you choose the 8-2 score line just to hurt me and thousands of others who still haven't forgiven Brighton for giving that mob this day out?!!!

Haha, no.

Not entirely random. Was the score we beat Walsall by in our last home game, when already champions and nothing to play for.

Archived