IGNORED

Josh Brownhill

RaspberryRed

Firstly Big props for getting his City goal today. A goal created from his vision to lay the ball out to Taylor who put in a great cross and the rest was all about his desire to burst into the box and find space for the finish

He's only played 37 games in the Championship (9 as sub) and from memory I can't remember him having a bad game. Only used sporadically and couldn't get near the first team before xmas after looking good in the early part of the season. He has been instrumental in the 'Trustworthy' set of players that have produced the goods to insure our survival.

For all LJ's and the Clubs failings this season to pick him up on a Free at the age of 21 with bucket loads of improvement it looks a cracking bit of business

:clap:

WE ARE STAYING UP

8 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Firstly Big props for getting his City goal today. A goal created from his vision to lay the ball out to Taylor who put in a great cross and the rest was all about his desire to burst into the box and find space for the finish

He's only played 37 games in the Championship (9 as sub) and from memory I can't remember him having a bad game. Only used sporadically and couldn't get near the first team before xmas after looking good in the early part of the season. He has been instrumental in the 'Trustworthy' set of players that have produced the goods to insure our survival.

For all LJ's and the Clubs failings this season to pick him up on a Free at the age of 21 with bucket loads of improvement it looks a cracking bit of business

WE ARE STAYING UP

Brilliant signing, very experienced at his age and has really improved over the season. As you say, good business! COYR!

9 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

WE ARE STAYING UP

I can. But used in a forward midfield role and given the space too play aggressively he's been superb. Well done, Josh. Championship class more than confirmed.

34 minutes ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Think he's bang average to be on honest. Yet I'd happily take a bang average league position going forward, so may be I need to lower my expectations. 

I get what you mean. He's not super pleasing on the eye very often but he's very reliable. That doesn't mean he's average though. Reliablity is key for the league imo. He won't mess up and will always make the right play. Also, as stated, he's just 21. He will keep getting better and I'm sure he'll have a few more goals next season which we'll need more of from our midfield post Tammy Abraham(who many need to stop comparing our other youth to!). 

2 minutes ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Explain?

Im intrigued to understand your viewpoint. Rather than a one worder. 

IMO he been superb for us.. All action midfielder who breaks up play superbly, gets back when required and has been unlucky not to score more for us.. Its no coincidence he's been one of the mainstays a successful team over the last 5 games.. Please explain why you don't rate him? I'm intrigued?

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

IMO he been superb for us.. All action midfielder who breaks up play superbly, gets back when required and has been unlucky not to score more for us.. Its no coincidence he's been one of the mainstays a successful team over the last 5 games.. Please explain why you don't rate him? I'm intrigued?

Rarely appears to affect the game. Currently doesn't score enough goals or rarely offers a killer pass or assist. Isnt either a defensive or creative presence. Often hides when we're in possession. Busy yes yet doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck enough.

1 hour ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Rarely appears to affect the game. Currently doesn't score enough goals or rarely offers a killer pass or assist. Isnt either a defensive or creative presence. Often hides when we're in possession. Busy yes yet doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck enough.

Amazing how 2 fans see things so differently as I think that's really harsh on a young lad in a team that's been scrapping for league survival. Each to their own

Just now, Dollymarie said:

Thought this was very touching in relation to his goal today :) 

That's special. I did wonder about the celebration. I can't believe we're still sending young kids to fight phony wars. I wish his Brother and all our other Guys n Gals around the the world the very best of luck and hope all return safely to their loved ones 

Think Josh has improved and will add more to his game. Had an encouraging spell earlier this year in the centre, but felt he tired in games. Playing wider probably gives him more breathers and he looks strong at the end. 

Promising future. He can take a wicked free kick, just don't think we've seen that from him yet

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Hoist up the Josh b sail

See how the main sail sets

As long as he doesn't " Call for the captain to let him go home".

We need you Josh.

Just as an after thought, does anybody else think that it's possibly been Tammys presence in the squad that has lifted our younger players to their present level. He's certainly set an example that age isn't a barrier if you are prepared to work hard enough & of course have the skills Tammy has.

Just a thought :whistle:.

2 hours ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

At Preston he never looked like a creative type who could pick a clever pass and unlock a defence, but arriving late into the box he can get a few goals as he's got a good shot on him for sure.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think Josh has improved and will add more to his game. Had an encouraging spell earlier this year in the centre, but felt he tired in games. Playing wider probably gives him more breathers and he looks strong at the end. 

Promising future. He can take a wicked free kick, just don't think we've seen that from him yet

Agree he is not a box to box midfielder,  despite his energy. He can't be relied on to get behind the ball in the centre when out of possession.

Saw this v Cardiff Fulham and reading. He stood too far off his man, probably due to tiredness. 

luckily we have smith and pack now to do this and this frees josh up on the wing. Always looks to help out his full back and looks dangerous going forward. Like him a lot on the right

Archived