IGNORED

Wurzels at Ashton Gate - Sunday 7th May

RedM

@AdamB 

in view of the post match activities is there any chance of the Park&Ride bus services running a bit later to allow people to stay on and enjoy the party?  .... at the moment they're scheduled for standard timings for 12pm KO matches and the last one back is at 3.40pm - unless people leave promptly after the game on the earlier services and miss the post match stuff completely it looks like a mad scramble for the last bus and many stranded passengers left without transport back to their cars.... I dont fancy the walk back to Brislington P&R tbh..  a few buses between 4 & 5pm would be useful.

4 hours ago, Daniro said:

Am I the only one who finds City's association with the Wurzels cringingly embarrassing?     Bristol is such a great place for music and we have to put up with "I've got a brand new combine harvester".  They make us look like a bunch of grass chomping sheep sha@ggers

Maybe if modern music wasn't so shit there would be more choice. 

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I see it as more of a release, or relief at staying up. Yes, we've had a bad season but let's enjoy at least, maintaining SBC status for another year. It's only for an hour or so…

You aren't obliged to use the sponsors name/initials you know. 

4 hours ago, Daniro said:

Am I the only one who finds City's association with the Wurzels cringingly embarrassing?     Bristol is such a great place for music and we have to put up with "I've got a brand new combine harvester".  They make us look like a bunch of grass chomping sheep sha@ggers

You may be the only one who misses the tongue in cheek irony, and the playing up of a regional stereotype.  

6 hours ago, Daniro said:

I like it when Adge Cutler songs are played as he was a talented songwriter and had a great live act,  but I find the current Wurzles underwhelming. Comparing Adge Cutler and the Wurzles with the current Wurzels is like comparing the Beatles with a group of old blokes having a sing song in a pub.  

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

You may be the only one who misses the tongue in cheek irony, and the playing up of a regional stereotype.  

Yep - reckon that razor sharp comedy is just so subtle I must somehow miss it ...

7 minutes ago, Daniro said:

Yep - reckon that razor sharp comedy is just so subtle I must somehow miss it ...

Well I for one do not think football fans many of whom reside in this fine City singing about the Moon shining on a Cowshed (geddit), are thinking about the reality of living in South Bristol.

On 30/04/2017 at 16:23, pongo88 said:

Should children be allowed to watch the Wurzels?

Ah, it's all a whoosh over their heads.

My 9 year old lad asked me what a combine harvester was. Educational see. He learned something that day.

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Nope.

Jocks and northerners dressing up like 19th century peasants is a bit shite imho.

Wurzels died with Adge.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Ah, it's all a whoosh over their heads.

My 9 year old lad asked me what a combine harvester was. Educational see. He learned something that day.

did you tell him what the key was for?

56 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Nope.

Jocks and northerners dressing up like 19th century peasants is a bit shite imho.

Wurzels died with Adge.

Have to agree with this. I'm the proud owner of an original vinyl copy of Adge's Live At The Royal Oak Nailsea '66 album that I inherited from my late dad, and I love it. But I've never understood what the music, lyrics or imagery have to do with life in Bristol. Answer: absolutely nothing. 

Would rather hear a Massive Attack tune at a game. 

12 hours ago, Daniro said:

Maybe not "the only one" but if you take your head out of your ass and enjoy it for what it it, you might actually have fun!

If it's really not your cup of tea, then fair enough. Odd thread for you to be participating in. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Maybe not "the only one" but if you take your head out of your ass and enjoy it for what it it, you might actually have fun!

If it's really not your cup of tea, then fair enough. Odd thread for you to be participating in. 

You're probably right.

In my defence I sing along with Drink up ye cider with the best of them after a home win.  

14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I think this is all to do with BCFC being as much a Somerset club as it is a Bristol club.

An awful lot of us DO live a rural life over the county line.

Yes and you country folk are very welcome in our cosmopolitan, multi-cultural city. One thing though, would you mind making the effort to dress a little more smartly please?

Just joking ya!;)

13 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Nope.

Wurzels died with Adge.

Always think of Northerners and a dress sense. Casual was Northern.

As for Adge. Not old enough to remember. Always think of the Wurzels as fun. Deep and serious it is not.

@AdamB It says on the running order...

9am – Sports Bar & Grill open (breakfast deal on offer, alcohol cannot be sold until 10am)  What's the breakfast deal?? Sit down buffet job or just bacon rolls?? Do we need to book a table?? 
Cheers in advance.

18 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Have to agree with this. I'm the proud owner of an original vinyl copy of Adge's Live At The Royal Oak Nailsea '66 album that I inherited from my late dad, and I love it. But I've never understood what the music, lyrics or imagery have to do with life in Bristol. Answer: absolutely nothing. 

Would rather hear a Massive Attack tune at a game. 

Me too, albeit inherited from my grandfather. A prized sentimental possession along with the original 7" single of Drink up thy Zider/Twice Daily. 

I'm no bumpkin but a good old listen to the Wurzels, with and post Adge, is a right old treat. They'll always be synonymous with Bristol City, it's just how it is.  

10 minutes ago, One hair on my chin said:

How do you get to Fans Village, from the home end of Atyeo Stand after the game? 

Walk round the long way sadly. Remember that the away fans side of the Atyeo will be blocked off, so you can't walk round then back of the Atyeo, you have to go out onto the road, along past the houses, then back in where the old main entrance used to be, and down the back of the West Stand. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Walk round the long way sadly. Remember that the away fans side of the Atyeo will be blocked off, so you can't walk round then back of the Atyeo, you have to go out onto the road, along past the houses, then back in where the old main entrance used to be, and down the back of the West Stand. 

Roll on next season when this won't be so much of a problem.

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Me too, albeit inherited from my grandfather. A prized sentimental possession along with the original 7" single of Drink up thy Zider/Twice Daily. 

I'm no bumpkin but a good old listen to the Wurzels, with and post Adge, is a right old treat. They'll always be synonymous with Bristol City, it's just how it is.  

I've been to many a shindig with the Wurzels on the turntable!

On 02/05/2017 at 12:22, glynriley said:

@AdamB It says on the running order...

9am – Sports Bar & Grill open (breakfast deal on offer, alcohol cannot be sold until 10am)  What's the breakfast deal?? Sit down buffet job or just bacon rolls?? Do we need to book a table?? 
Cheers in advance.

Almost certainly too late now, but............ @AdamB??????

30 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Almost certainly too late now, but............ @AdamB??????

Apologies only just seen this. It's the same as usual, full English breakfast buffet for £10, but yes sorry the tables are fully booked.

Adam

Archived