IGNORED

Have you seen the City play at the stadium of Light

Yep. Battered by a very strong Sunderland team that finished top few in the Prem the following season. Remember the 100 or so of us going bananas when we got a corner in the middle of the second half because we hadn't got as close to their goal before that! 

Then Soren popped up with his most infamous City moment

Just now, Northern Red said:

That game was the dictionary definition of stealing a point.

They scored pretty early on I think, then battered us but Welch had the game of his life to keep it at 1-0, then Andersen scored late on to get us a draw. 

remember watching it on sky... feeling we should be getting battered, but somehow weren't......then...Soren Andersons wonder goal. I have friends in Maccam land, and we've agreed to meet up at least twice next season

Not seen City play there or Roker Park, one of the few I missed. I did go and have a look around the outside when we were in Newcastle just in case they weren't relegated. I think one of the times we went to Roker Park it was pretty rough and lots of windows were broken making an unpleasant journey back. I guess that wouldn't be allowed now.

Just now, RedM said:

Not seen City play there or Roker Park, one of the few I missed. I did go and have a look around the outside when we were in Newcastle just in case they weren't relegated. I think one of the times we went to Roker Park it was pretty rough and lots of windows were broken making an unpleasant journey back. I guess that wouldn't be allowed now.

so did you go or not?

Just now, RedM said:

always felt I missed out on never visiting Joker Park. Looks a terrif old style ground...and my my mate in Sunderland used to go to school in Monkwearmouth (just across the road I believe). Never mind..the Stadium of Shite is very much on the agenda for next season

Always remember this game as Soren Anderson scored and think it was a Monday night? Also remember getting told off constantly for putting my feet on the chair in front, the steward was very precious of the then new stadium. 

54 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

My stats page says we played them in season 1998/99,although it says the game was played at Roker Park.

Clarification needed please

yes I was there with my 2 kids and got home around 4am and they went to school and I went to work!

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Always remember this game as Soren Anderson scored and think it was a Monday night? Also remember getting told off constantly for putting my feet on the chair in front, the steward was very precious of the then new stadium. 

yes it was a Monday night

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

You gonna blindfold and chain Moyesy in your cupboard for when LJ gets the boot? 

Just now, pride of the west said:

Didn't we draw 1 all with them at home same season and Phillips scored a pen against Phillips late in the game?

Yep, think so. The penalty was for Phillips bringing down Phillips and Phillips scored it v Phillips.

IIRC we were robbed that day too, should have beaten them.

Archived