IGNORED

Harry & Steve

galleyman

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I think many people forget we were heading straight back to League One under Cotts.

Yes we were, probably. However that should never overshadow the success that he did have, when he now returns. IMO he deserves as good a reception as any of the most popular figures to have featured during our history. 

Despite some alternative opinions on him, whenever I met SC he was a top bloke as well and his infectious enthusiasm would rub off on anyone, even if he did ultimately struggle tactically. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes we were, probably. However that should never overshadow the success that he did have, when he now returns. IMO he deserves as good a reception as any of the most popular figures to have featured during our history. 

Despite some alternative opinions on him, whenever I met SC he was a top bloke as well and his infectious enthusiasm would rub off on anyone, even if he did ultimately struggle tactically. 

Top Bloke?just ask the referees and assistance refs!!!

8 minutes ago, cockneydave said:

Top Bloke?just ask the referees and assistance refs!!!

I couldn't care less what he's like with officials. I got to chat with him a few times and he was friendly, enthusiastic, clearly loves his football and was a good laugh. 

18 hours ago, City Rocker said:

"It was a bit of a misunderstanding. Someone phoned me up and asked if I fancied doing Jordan"

Reminds me of another joke about Jordan.

Reports state that a thousand troops have gone into Jordan. Later, she said "I'm a bit sore but I can still walk".

Harry and Steve. Yeah, i love that scene where they are in a restuarant and Steve's giving it all this ahhhh ahhhh ahh and Harry's sat they watching,   and this old woman looks up and says "I'll have what  Mr. Cotterill is having" Classic!

24 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Harry and Steve. Yeah, i love that scene where they are in a restuarant and Steve's giving it all this ahhhh ahhhh ahh and Harry's sat they watching,   and this old woman looks up and say "I'll have what  Mr. Cotterill is having" Classic!

I like the scene where they're both on the phone to their best mates after sleeping together.

On 02/05/2017 at 21:57, JamesBCFC said:

I got QPR wrong, but so have you there.

Hughes left with well under half a season gone. Redknapp took them down with a big budget. They then got promoted via the playoffs.

The next season their budget was reduced, but he left relatively early on/pre season...

That's not true, Redknapp didn't leave QPR 'relatively early on/pre season' after he got them promoted to the premier league, he left in mid February because he needed surgery and didn't think he could commit 100%....

I'll be disappointed if Cotterill isn't given a good reception.

As for Harry; back in the day at West Ham before football had been whored, him, Bobby Moore and peers would go into local schools to coach boys after training.  All they really cared about was football.

I see him as a 'proper football man' and all the libellous claims are actually more of a slight or reflection on football and society in general than him personally.  Not saying he's an angel!

On 2017-5-2 at 21:13, BS4 on Tour... said:

Poor memory then....he won a division title as Bournemouth manager, won a European Trophy as West Ham boss and got QPR promoted from the Championship into the Premier League and won Premier League Manager of the Year Award in 2010....

Not disagreeing with his record at West Ham in respect of the youngsters he brought through, but you must really like Redknapp to count a 2 legged Intertoto cup (europa league qualifying tourney) win as a European trophy!

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That's not true, Redknapp didn't leave QPR 'relatively early on/pre season' after he got them promoted to the premier league, he left in mid February because he needed surgery and didn't think he could commit 100%....

Fair enough, I didnt see a time on it on his wiki (only scanned) but knew it was related to a health issue of his.

On 5/2/2017 at 20:41, Ivorguy said:

Well thanks for the mention but I am quite capable of speaking for myself without others putting words into my mouth. 

PS As an historian I would never ever use the word fascist in such an inappropriate way, nor, in my opinion, should anyone else. The word carries far too much luggage for that.  

Nor, I guess, would anyone use the adjective angelic to describe Harry Dolman, but at least he never suffered from pr speak and in last analysis he did take City to The Promised Land with a proper Boardroom too ! Plus don't forget the massive improvements he made to the ground

You may not have used the F word but I'm sure in your campaign you've used others that imply a dictatorship, which is to all intents and purposes the same thing.

On 04/05/2017 at 06:01, Steve Watts said:

Not disagreeing with his record at West Ham in respect of the youngsters he brought through, but you must really like Redknapp to count a 2 legged Intertoto cup (europa league qualifying tourney) win as a European trophy!

Well, the number of people on here who leap about in joy and talk about our 'double- winning season' under Cotts, you'd think we'd won the League Cup or something rather than the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, I slightly cringe at the 'double-winning' accolade, so I'd count a European trophy as something significant and impressive...

Archived