IGNORED

Aldershot v Tranmere

Slippin cider

Just now, JakeOTIB said:

Stockport in NLN. Massive ground for that league and were in the Championship not too long ago...

Used to live there, bloody great CAMRA beer festival used to be held at the ground.

Hated Stockport games as the away end was uncovered and you were blinded by the sleet.

Sad to see them where they are now though, the ground wasn't too bad for an Old School one, better than the Mem by far.

6 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

ooh Alder bloody Shot.... that brings back a memory or two. Nature rambles after the game, pub fights, clashes with the Para's (not a good idea)

You weren't in a pub where there was a pool table (Near ground) by any chance SP ? (before  Freight Rover Final away leg)

:whistle2:

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

So was I !!!!!

Lively - trying to remember the name of it

Had a discush with a woman who's hubby was stationed there. It's closed now...but yeah, lively is an understatement. Apparently it was a regular place for bedlam. My abiding memory was a shout of "get the fat bloke"....which could have been aimed at anyone not in the services at the time...... I had hair before I went in that pub :-)

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Had a discush with a woman who's hubby was stationed there. It's closed now...but yeah, lively is an understatement. Apparently it was a regular place for bedlam. My abiding memory was a shout of "get the fat bloke"....which could have been aimed at anyone not in the services at the time...... I had hair before I went in that pub :-)

Never seen so many pint glasses flying 

My last memory was a lad running along the top of the bar with a pool cue in hand swinging wildly !!!!

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Pool,balls didn't exactly stay put either

All started as a few City Lads were having a sing - probably the worst I've seen - funny you mentioned it , when Aldershot are mentioned I always think back to that night - Don't think the army boys realised there were a group of lads from City in there who could look after themselves

Crazy times

:blink:

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

The pub was called The Cannon I think. I remember walking past it just as half a dozen pool balls came flying through the window and then it just erupted out of the door!

Good Man

Thats it - The Cannon

:clap:

been bugging me all eve

Thanks RRH

Great memory mate !

Archived