IGNORED

Birmingham City memories.

cidered abroad

3 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Sorry mate, that's not correct. They went on a half decent run after they played us. It was a draw against Bolton that sent them down in the penultimate game of the season. Before that they were 21st and safe but needed to win the final two to be sure. They ended up going down in 22nd on goal difference.

are you sure it didn't go to the final day? i'm certain that west brom and birmingham were locked in a battle for survival that went to the last day - west brom going to pompey and brum to tranmere for the final match. both taking vast away followings of 7 or 8 thousand. My memory is wonky as, but this really rings a bell... 

17 hours ago, poland_exile said:

are you sure it didn't go to the final day? i'm certain that west brom and birmingham were locked in a battle for survival that went to the last day - west brom going to pompey and brum to tranmere for the final match. both taking vast away followings of 7 or 8 thousand. My memory is wonky as, but this really rings a bell... 

Yeah, I think it did go to the last day. I could have worded my post a bit better.

18 hours ago, poland_exile said:

This is exactly true. I think we went on a mad promotion form winning run of 7 games out of 8 or something like that going into that last game but it was too little too late and we still went down at Prenton Park. All part of the Barry Fry days which were brilliant and we were on the pitch at the end of the tranmere game carrying Bazza aloft, he was drinking a can of lager and singing keep right on with us. Real surreal and kinda summed up Bazzas entertaining time here :D 

On 2017-5-10 at 10:42, Midlands Robin said:

Sorry mate, that's not correct. They went on a half decent run after they played us. It was a draw against Bolton that sent them down in the penultimate game of the season. Before that they were 21st and safe but needed to win the final two to be sure. They ended up going down in 22nd on goal difference.

Ah thanks for correcting me, my memory let me down there! 

6 hours ago, Blues Fan said:

This is exactly true. I think we went on a mad promotion form winning run of 7 games out of 8 or something like that going into that last game but it was too little too late and we still went down at Prenton Park. All part of the Barry Fry days which were brilliant and we were on the pitch at the end of the tranmere game carrying Bazza aloft, he was drinking a can of lager and singing keep right on with us. Real surreal and kinda summed up Bazzas entertaining time here :D 

crikey, i can't remember what socks i'm wearing today so I'm baffled how i managed to remember that :) always had a massive respect for barry fry personally, and loved that documentary he did while at Birmingham - I think I found it on youtube not long back only for it to disappear down a black hole again. the 90s were definitely the tail end of something special, was a privilege to have caught them! 

On 04/05/2017 at 18:33, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blackburn (4-2) was the first game of the following season , after promotion 

Great game , hair sunny day and goals galore 

Think your username made his debut

As an aside - did you realise Louis Donowa played for Willem II ( Surely the only player to have represented both clubs ?) 

Never know he played for them too 

Archived