IGNORED

Chelsea to double Tammy Abraham's £25,000-a-week wages to ward off Premier League suitors

Curr Avon

Good luck to the lad; really hope he goes on to make it big.

Conte clearly rates him, and being he's been happy to use less 'renowned' players such as Moses in his team with no concerns, you get the impression that an Ake-esk six months on loan at a Prem side where he will play might open more doors for him at the Bridge.

Whatever happens, I wish him well.  He's saved our bacon more times than is fair for a 18/19 year old this year.

Great video thanks. Burton away and top of the table feels a long time ago! He's been great to watch, especially his attitude. Hope he has a great England career (and we sign him again in 12 years' time!)

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I shouldn't think we'd be back in for him at £ 50,000 a week . 

:shocking:

Even £25,000 might be out of our budget . 

I presume we must be paying him around 12k a week at the moment. 

Make the most of him Sunday fellas he ain't coming back here in a hurray .

:sad26:

We shouldnt be paying him a penny

Chelsea should be paying us to baby sit him

He is a better player now than when he joined us Making him a bigger asset for Chelsea 

5 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

We shouldnt be paying him a penny

Chelsea should be paying us to baby sit him

He is a better player now than when he joined us Making him a bigger asset for Chelsea 

Uhmmmmmm

Thats not how it works .........

Chelsea rake in up to 3/4 million on individual players for a loan fee alone

Babysit  :facepalm:

Hes been like the sensible adult for us whilst others melted l

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Darragh MacAnthony the chairman of Peterborough will tell you different 

Spurs pay Peterborough to take their young players on loan

If that's true - fair play but talking a totally different product here

Perhaps we could ask Chelsea how much they will pay us to babysit Nathaniel Chalobah or Loftus-Cheek next season !!!

Sorry but IMHO your claim that we've babysat him is laughable / ridiculous

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

If that's true - fair play but talking a totally different product here

Perhaps we could ask Chelsea how much they will pay us to babysit Nathaniel Chalobah or Loftus-Cheek next season !!!

Its the same product 

Young up and coming players who need to play league games against men not just other kids

13 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I shouldn't think we'd be back in for him at £ 50,000 a week . 

:shocking:

Even £25,000 might be out of our budget . 

I presume we must be paying him around 12k a week at the moment. 

Make the most of him Sunday fellas he ain't coming back here in a hurray .

:sad26:

I'm sure I read somewhere that part of the loan agreement was that we paid 100% of his wage. If that was true it was one hell of a gamble on a kid and perhaps our decision makers' are prepared to take significant risks when needed. Also, not forgetting Sam Baldock's original transfer contract salary was more than Tammy's, so not our highest ever paid striker.

I've absolutely loved watching Tammy this season. His effort levels have never dropped, even when others have, and his strength and movement have been sensational for one so young. In fact they've got even better as the season's gone on. He seems to be a quick learner which will stand him in good stead throughout his career. My only fear for him is him making the wrong move or going back to Chelsea and not playing next season. That would be a travesty and a waste. If he gets plenty of Premier League football I can see him in the England World Cup squad next summer. 

He'll get as good a reception as you'll ever see on Sunday and rightly so. He seems to have genuinely loved his time here and his attitude has been magnificent. I'll be gutted to see him leave us. 

I doubt he'll be back, but we will be seeing plenty more of him, I hope - a class act.

Let's hope his career goes only upwards, unlike our last successful Prem loanee, Caulker.  But Tammy seems a lovely lad and I wish him all the best.

For those who are there at the Brum game: give him a cheer from me :chant6ez:

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham"

How has it taken me 45 games to learn that this is his full name!?!?  This is wonderful. £5 to anyone that come up with a proper football song for him that uses that entire name.

He's SuperKevinPhenetegaTamaraebiBakumo-Abrahamexpialidocious

Even though the sound of it
Is something quite atrocious
If you say it loud enough
He'll always sound precocious

SuperKevinPhenetegaTamaraebiBakumo-Abrahamexpialidocious

Is that worth a fiver?

Just now, downendcity said:

He's SuperKevinPhenetegaTamaraebiBakumo-Abrahamexpialidocious

Even though the sound of it
Is something quite atrocious
If you say it loud enough
He'll always sound precocious

SuperKevinPhenetegaTamaraebiBakumo-Abrahamexpialidocious

Is that worth a fiver?

No. You spelled Oghenetega wrong.

18 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good video with a showcase of his skills for those who havnt seen it

Anyone who thinks it's just his goals he's given us doesn't watch closely enough !

'The Terminator'  :laughcont:

Enjoy :clapping:

What a player, fantastic to watch ! I'm sure he will get the send off he deserves on Sunday, great video :clapping:...

30 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham"

How has it taken me 45 games to learn that this is his full name!?!?  This is wonderful. £5 to anyone that comes up with a proper football song for him that uses that entire name.

Not sure that Kev suits him.

11 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that part of the loan agreement was that we paid 100% of his wage. If that was true it was one hell of a gamble on a kid and perhaps our decision makers' are prepared to take significant risks when needed. Also, not forgetting Sam Baldock's original transfer contract salary was more than Tammy's, so not our highest ever paid striker.

I really don't think that he's on 25k a week. He'd be in his 1st contract at Chelsea at the moment and they're reportedly paying that Solanke 7k a week who would have signed terms around the same time who was rated more highly when they probably signed at the age of 17

Archived