IGNORED

Manager of the Month

Bob Binalong

22 hours ago, Bob Binalong said:

Have I missed the thread on here either berating or praising the organisers for nominating  our manager for Manager of the Month.

johnson-shortlisted-for-award-3704702.aspx

Well done Lee. It seems it just the blindly prejudiced and over vocal few on here who fail to see the obvious talent that our manager has.

Do behave!....Most peoples eyes were wide open all season. This was the problem between September and March!...

Well done LJ and the team for an excellent second half of April....Lets hope it can be carried on!

8 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I've been watching City for over 50 years now and our finishing position this season will be something like the 20th best during that period.  Hard then to regard the season as either disastrous or ******* shite on that basis.

Disaster was averted by a miracle run in the past four weeks.

No one saw it coming, particularly LJ. We changed everything as a last gasp solution sacked Taylor and Pembo and sat nearly all the big signings on the bench.

We became a team playing 442 with Wright having a blinding few weeks and Patterson and Brownhill grasping their chance to keep Hegler, Tomlin, Magnusson et al out of the side! Taylor was very good once he had a place too!

Most of the rest of the season was shite with a manager hell bent on chopping and changing, making substitutions that made no sense at weird times...At a bloody corner that cost us a goal at Newcastle...Playing players out of position in any random formation that was supposed to counter the opposition and losing the confidence of the players and supporters....Many of the players lost confidence in them selves as a result

I have been supporting for over 50 years too and I don't remember anything like it...!

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You might, but I'm not in the habit of overreacting.

I was expecting us to finish around 14th and we will end up 1-3 places lower. So "slightly disappointing" fits quite well.

Mathematically safe with one game to go for me is more than a slightly disappointing season and i wouldnt call that an over reaction. 

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Mathematically safe with one game to go for me is more than a slightly disappointing season and i wouldnt call that an over reaction. 

Then it is perspective.

As Rovers found out a few years ago.

It doesnt matter where you are for the majority of the season, what matters is where you finish.

21 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Which is a decent record of nominations to have over a season despite what has been a slightly disappointing season for us...

A 'slightly disappointing' season....good grief, you must be so easily pleased......it was so, so, so, so much more than 'slightly disappointing'...have you been hiding in an attic hoping it would all go away whilst ignoring the grim reality?!

'Slightly disappointingly....' - what a joke! The worst run of defeats in our history beaten outright, etc etc etc. 

You obviously settle for mediocrity over and over, good for you....enjoy...

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A 'slightly disappointing' season....good grief, you must be so easily pleased......it was so, so, so, so much more than 'slightly disappointing'...have you been hiding in an attic hoping it would all go away whilst ignoring the grim reality?!

'Slightly disappointingly....' - what a joke! The worst run of defeats in our history beaten outright, etc etc etc. 

Well barring the odd season of success (mainly in L1) where has been the real success at this club? We are a yoyo L1-Championship club where we'd bite someones hand off right now to finish 15th. The grim reality is that Bristol City = mediocrity, hopefully with this 'project' we can start to become more of a established Championship club, 20 years too late but at least its happening now. 

But in some respects and despite the abysmal run this season has weirdly one of the better seasons when we have been in the Championship (recent memory).

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A higher finish than our historical average and finishing 3 places at worst below my pre season expectations

Slightly disappointing fits perfectly.

Same results over the season in a different order and you wouldnt be throwing your toys out the pram like that, or were you one of the deluded ones expecting us to go up?

Or perhaps you are unable to look at anything other than the run of losses.

Get a grip ffs. Our historical average is roughly 41st-42nd out of the 92 league clubs- or 21st-22nd in Championship. We have improved on that, and got a higher points tally and (likely) a higher finishing position than last season.

I dont expect us to go from a big relegation fight to promotion instantly, and the fact we never looked like going down (you may have a different view there, but there was no point this season when I thought we would go down) compared to last year where we propped up the division for chunks of the season.

I want us to steadily improve- not "settle for mediocrity" as you rudely stated, but progress year on year. We have done that this year, but, disappointingly have been involved in the relegation fight for a little while. This year we could finish 15th. Lower mid table and about right for where most (with reasonable expectations) would have thought we would be.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

A higher finish than our historical average and finishing 3 places at worst below my pre season expectations

Slightly disappointing fits perfectly.

Same results over the season in a different order and you wouldnt be throwing your toys out the pram like that, or were you one of the deluded ones expecting us to go up?

Or perhaps you are unable to look at anything other than the run of losses.

Get a grip ffs. Our historical average is roughly 41st-42nd out of the 92 league clubs- or 21st-22nd in Championship. We have improved on that, and got a higher points tally and (likely) a higher finishing position than last season.

I dont expect us to go from a big relegation fight to promotion instantly, and the fact we never looked like going down (you may have a different view there, but there was no point this season when I thought we would go down) compared to last year where we propped up the division for chunks of the season.

I want us to steadily improve- not "settle for mediocrity" as you rudely stated, but progress year on year. We have done that this year, but, disappointingly have been involved in the relegation fight for a little while. This year we could finish 15th. Lower mid table and about right for where most (with reasonable expectations) would have thought we would be.

I don't buy ' historical ' average , we are, finally , Thank you SL , playing in a stadium worthy of our aspirations.

We should kick on with the infrastructure in place .

Our club can be financially competitive in this division and if well run could be equally at home in the Prem as clubs such as Swansea, Burnley, Watford ...

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I don't buy ' historical ' average , we are, finally , Thank you SL , playing in a stadium worthy of our aspirations.

We should kick on with the infrastructure in place .

Our club can be financially competitive in this division and if well run could be equally at home in the Prem as clubs such as Swansea, Burnley, Watford ...

"We should kick on"

We have improved on last season and there is a long term plan in place.

Progress has already been made and a number of the players we signed we youngsters having their first season in the Championship. This will pay off over the next couple of seasons.

Archived