IGNORED

Just get there early!!

ashton_fan

If anyone parks early enough, there are no double yellow lines (guesing from streetview, could be wrong) anyone could park along the slip road to the a370 towards weston and on the a370 slip to the ashton park and ride.

(FAO MODS - I tried to copy a picture earlier showing proof... google denied me, thus my post changed... I could neither DELETE or CHANGE the random url google gave me, this meaning I had to submit nonsense and then quickly editing it. - I've asked this before, why is "quick reply" the only option on this forum, with no option to delete failed attempts at coding? Dont reply here, I'm gonna make a thread.)

On 02/05/2017 at 13:15, cidercity1987 said:

Any extra trains from Temple Meads to Parson Street before the game?

No idea how the North Bristol hoardes are suppose to reach Ashton Gate if the centre and Portway are closed. 

The first train from Parkway to Parson Street arrives at 4pm according to TrainLine :clapping:

I asked this on another thread but didn't get an answer. Like you, I checked thetrainline and it showed no train from TM to Parson St. until 4pm!

Why would this be?! Is that normal on a Sunday? Absolutely ridiculous that the only train station that serves a 27,000 stadium isn't even being used - especially on 10k day. 

British public transport is an absolute shambles. Just no forethought or joined-up thinking at all.

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 20:37, Clevedon Red said:

I get that so why are buses leaving from outside?

They have to go from outside because they have to go over the Avonmouth bridge and down the A369. If they went in to the park and ride there is no way that they can turn left on to the Portway because the road layout is too tight. Using the layby outside means they will be facing the right direction. 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I asked this on another thread but didn't get an answer. Like you, I checked thetrainline and it showed no train from TM to Parson St. until 4pm!

Why would this be?! Is that normal on a Sunday? Absolutely ridiculous that the only train station that serves a 27,000 stadium isn't even being used - especially on 10k day. 

British public transport is an absolute shambles. Just no forethought or joined-up thinking at all.

My guess would be that is standard, I live about 500m from Bedminster station and am amazed at just how few trains stop here.

I'm lucky, I can easily walk it but for those driving from North Bristol & beyond I think you are best off coming into Bristol on the M5 by Gordano services and then driving to Clifton and looking to park in that area.

As others have said, there is no RPZ on a Sunday, but no idea how you then get across the thousands of runners in Hotwells, though..

Despite it being a sell out I do know of several ST holders with travel or domestic/mobility issues that are not bothering to go tomorrow because of all the nonsense over simply trying to get to the ground.

Just now, GrahamC said:

My guess would be that is standard, I live about 500m from Bedminster station and am amazed at just how few trains stop here.

I'm lucky, I can easily walk it but for those driving from North Bristol & beyond I think you are best off coming into Bristol on the M5 by Gordano services and then driving to Clifton and looking to park in that area.

As others have said, there is no RPZ on a Sunday, but no idea how you then get across the thousands of runners in Hotwells, though..

Despite it being a sell out I do know of several ST holders with travel or domestic/mobility issues that are simply not bothering to go tomorrow because of all the nonsense over simply trying to get to the ground.

This game and the 10k have both been known to be on this date for nearly a year. You wouldn't think it would be beyond the wit of man for the train companies to plan for this and, dare I say it, put on some extra trains! But no. It's a cliche but it simply wouldn't be like this in Germany.

Our country is just crap at this stuff.

Archived