IGNORED

remember the last time we were at home to a Midlands side in the last game with nothing to play for?

ashton_fan

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was ambivalent as to who went down but after listening to the interview on here, I hope we absolutely batter them! 'Blues will have too much for Bristol'? Really? Look at the league table.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-vs-birmingham-city-12988469

Yes, they're getting a bit carried away since beating Huddersfield Reserves!

I don't think they'll be push overs, but I do think that they got a hell of a lot of luck last game (ten opposition changes, Huddersfield missing a pen) before getting into the game, and we are in decent form too, so they underestimate us at their peril.

Think Brentford will have too much for Blackburn, and that more than anything will save Birmingham.

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Yes, they're getting a bit carried away since beating Huddersfield Reserves!

Exactly, we beat a very strong Brighton side on their own patch, whilst they were trying to win this league. They beat a Huddersfield team, that as you say, was basically a second XI, at their own ground, with 20k plus brummies behind them having been wound up by the referee sending one of their players off. Different story at the gate on Sunday in front of our biggest league crowd in nearly 40 years

Just now, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

Exactly, we beat a very strong Brighton side on their own patch, whilst they were trying to win this league. They beat a Huddersfield team, that as you say, was basically a second XI, at their own ground, with 20k plus brummies behind them having been wound up by the referee sending one of their players off. Different story at the gate on Sunday in front of our biggest league crowd in nearly 40 years

I think Tammy could be the key, he's bound to want to put on a show in his last game

4 minutes ago, samo II said:

I don't think they'll be push overs, but I do think that they got a hell of a lot of luck last game (ten opposition changes, Huddersfield missing a pen) before getting into the game, and we are in decent form too, so they underestimate us at their peril.

Think Brentford will have too much for Blackburn, and that more than anything will save Birmingham.

I most certainly don't think they'll be pushovers Samo but I'm also damn sure we won't be either.

I'm in total agreement about Brentford too FWIW.

Blues beat a weakened Huddersfield team 2-0, we beat a full strength and absolutely flying Huddersfield team 4-0. Underestimate us at your peril Blues.

Archived