IGNORED

Sky TV coverage for those without tickets

old_eastender

26 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

If you don't have a ticket for the Brum match, Brentford .v. Blackburn AND Forest .v. Ipswich both live on Sky and you would think will show any goals going in at Ashton Gate...

Yes,they usually show any goals relevant to promotion,play offs and relegation,and absolutely hate it when everything is already decided.

11 hours ago, iamsober said:

better than the play offs for the premier?

Arguably yes as we actually won what we were going for. The Hull PO was a disappointing end to an unexpectedly glorious season, but ultimately failure even though we over achieved . With Cott's we won a League for the first time since when? the 50's , not only that we stormed it and got a cup as well.  

29 minutes ago, cynic said:

'76 wasn't too shabby.

(if that is within living memory)

Yep , loved it. But again we won nothing. Cott's actually won the League, the only time in my years. We've had highs but only once since I've supported them have they won a League, THAT's special.

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

Well, getting into the top division is a bit more special and much more of an achievement to me.

But I get the sentiment.

Agree , sort of, but it's that winning thing. I've seen us get promoted on several occasions , and loved them. As you say 76 was special, and I thought that after finishing 13th we would be there for a long time, hey ho !
76 promotion probably just tops promotion from Div 4 as my favourite , but after all those years of trawling the length and breadth of the UK to actually win something..... it's a little bit better. And we were bloody good that year.

Absolutely get people questioning my statement though.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Yep , loved it. But again we won nothing. Cott's actually won the League, the only time in my years. We've had highs but only once since I've supported them have they won a League, THAT's special.

I get what you're saying 1960 :thumbsup: 76 will always be the best , for me but Cotts League Totle winning team played some fantastic football (Which we didn't in 75/76) and played with real swagger at times so leaves great memories in all respects

Archived