IGNORED

Bailey Wright, unsung hero

Major Isewater

This lad just gets on with the business .

He wears down the opposition, niggles , breaks up play and keeps it simple .

He doesn't get noticed like Man Mountain Flint who attacks the first ball but the lad is ever present to mop up and deliver .

No fuss .

I put a lot of our recent form down to him and is a fantastic buy for the club .

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This lad just gets on with the business .

He wears down the opposition, niggles , breaks up play and keeps it simple .

He doesn't get noticed like Man Mountain Flint who attacks the first ball but the lad is ever present to mop up and deliver .

No fuss .

I put a lot of our recent form down to him and is a fantastic buy for the club .

I'm starting to see why Preston fans rated him so highly. Last 10 games Wright and Flint have been quality. Really hope that's our CB pairing for next season. :pray:

I think we'll only see the best of Bailey Wright if/when Flint leaves.

I think he'd be more comfortable as the RCB with a naturally left-footed LCB alongside him.

The reason his distribution looks ropey is because 8/10 times he's knocking it, it's with his weaker foot. Plus, his positional play would be better on his natural side.

Just now, the red rules said:

Very good in the air for his size. I think Flint has been much more confident beside him.

Agree with this, Matt Smith kept trying to pull onto him in the QPR home game but Wright gave him nothing. Didn't always win the ball in the air but did enough to make sure Smith never won it. Been impressed with him and as somebody mentioned above think he will be even better if he gets to play on his natural side.

The left foot thing is very valid. You see forwards trying to force him to use it and often it results in a shank into the stands. Very good player though but like anyone else at this level always has a mistake in him (a la Barnsley) - if he didn`t he wouldn`t be playing at our level.

What I do like about him is that if there`s any doubt he doesn`t faff about trying to play out of defence (which has got us in no end of trouble down the years) but just hits row Z. I love the way he gets tight to his man too and doesn`t give him any space to turn.

All in all, a very good signing IMO.

Seems popular and has a nice way with the fans too. I was waiting with someone who wanted him to sign a photo and a birthday card for a friend after a night match a while ago, it was a rainy night match and probably another loss I can't remember. The players were late out and we were cold and wet. He signed both items and had a chat, when we thanked him he said it was the least he could do as we had been waiting in the rain which I thought was nice. 

Just now, REDOXO said:

Johnson's best purchase by a country mile. He will be immense next season!

Taylor I am confident will be shown to be his second best buy up until now. Interesting both were out of contract fire sales. But I'll take it!

I think there is a lot more to come from Milan as well. Looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, WesM said:

I think we'll only see the best of Bailey Wright if/when Flint leaves.

I think he'd be more comfortable as the RCB with a naturally left-footed LCB alongside him.

The reason his distribution looks ropey is because 8/10 times he's knocking it, it's with his weaker foot. Plus, his positional play would be better on his natural side.

Agree with the bit about seeing him in right side of a two. His left foot is a swinger!  However it would be nice to see his team mates think about which side to pass to him on. I lose count if the sideways passes from AF that are behind that means he has to check his stride, get it under and then is closed down, or forced onto his left side. 

Don't necessarily agree that you have to have a left footer on left side of a two, but in Wright's case it is true!!!!

Archived