IGNORED

Aaron Wilbraham

BobBobSuperBob

As the final game kick off approaches and many including me are thinking this is the last of Tammy in a City shirt we will see

Just a thought , and. A big thought that it's likely to also be our chance to say Thankyou to the big man

Consumate Pro who's possibly been more important than any other player in last 3 years , for his work off the pitch as on it . was certainly integral to the spirit in the L1 title winning side.

Always gave %100 often carrying injuries

30 goals in 107 games - a good record at any age but how many of those were vital goals that won us points , too many to remember 

A joy to watch , one of the best target men I've seen in a City shirt

If it's goodbye today Aaron a massive Thankyou from me and let's make sure we give him the thanks and send off he most certainly deserves

:clap:

Two TOP strikers departing at opposite poles of their career !  :clap: 

Agree 100%, to me it is a real shame that LJ said he would say whether he and Mark Little are getting new deals "in a week or so", because I'm sure the decisions have already been made & if (as I suspect) either is going then it would let people know so they could show their appreciation today.

Can only add that for me Wilbs is as good as any free transfer we have ever signed and his professionalism has been what we used to lack from many (especially in the Danny Wilson/Pulis eras) and has been just massive for us.

Best of luck in the future, if as I expect, you are elsewhere next season Wilbs.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As the final game kick off approaches and many including me are thinking this is the last of Tammy in a City shirt we will see

Just a thought , and. A big thought that it's likely to also be our chance to say Thankyou to the big man

Consumate Pro who's possibly been more important than any other player in last 3 years , for his work off the pitch as on it . was certainly integral to the spirit in the L1 title winning side.

Always gave %100 often carrying injuries

30 goals in 107 games - a good record at any age but how many of those were vital goals that won us points , too many to remember 

A joy to watch , one of the best target men I've seen in a City shirt

If it's goodbye today Aaron a massive Thankyou from me and let's make sure we give him the thanks and send off he most certainly deserves

:clap:

Two TOP strikers departing at opposite poles of their career !  :clap: 

Cracking shout bbsb. Probably not an understatement to say he exceeded the expectations of the majority of our fans. 

Good luck Wilbs (if indeed you are off)!!

Here's a thought.

The post could be a little premature . I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was kept on, if not given another playing contract maybe a coaching role. You can never doubt his commitment and attitude and could only be a good influence, specially with the younger players. 
Good post BBSB :clap:

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Agree 100%, to me it is a real shame that LJ said he would say whether he and Mark Little are getting new deals "in a week or so", because I'm sure the decisions have already been made & if (as I suspect) either is going then it would let people know so they could show their appreciation today.

Can only add that for me Wilbs is as good as any free transfer we have ever signed and his professionalism has been what we used to lack from many (especially in the Danny Wilson/Pulis eras) and has been just massive for us.

Best of luck in the future, if as I expect, you are elsewhere next season Wilbs.

Good point about Mark Little too Graham

Totally agree that it's a real shame that we don't know with Wilbs and Little though I suspect it's the last we see of both

Unusual and sad to potentially see the departure of four players who have all always given their all for us and made a major contribution for us , even Mark Little 

Id suggest Abraham / Wilbraham and Flint will be remembered and talked about for years to come 

Usually we are glad to see rid but in these cases can't believe anyone will be glad to see the back of any of them

Thankyou you four Musketeers , if it is goodbye

COYR

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Here's a thought.

The post could be a little premature . I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was kept on, if not given another playing contract maybe a coaching role. You can never doubt his commitment and attitude and could only be a good influence, specially with the younger players. 

Certainly something I'd like to see them do 1960

Problem is - family up north, might fancy still playing

And I'm not sure Lee is too sentimental 1960

Would like to see it tho :fingerscrossed:

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Here's a thought.

This is my understanding too. Depends on how the discussions went I guess.

11 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I know it's been said job for the boys. But I do hope city give wilbs a coaching role. The guy is a top bloke with so much knowledge to let walk away. 

Maybe so but doesn't necessarily mean he will be a good coach. 

33 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I have a feeling today is the last time we will see Flinty too. It appears the vultures are swarming. 

Better to have players that better teams want than not. With the enhanced contract he signed at the start of the season (good foresight by MA?), this puts us in the driving seat. As long as Flinty goes to an established prem side for >>£5M and we reinvest in a couple of very good prospects (not 17 year olds!) and we strengthen the side overall then I'll be 'ok' with it.

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Better to have players that better teams want than not. With the enhanced contract he signed at the start of the season (good foresight by MA?), this puts us in the driving seat. As long as Flinty goes to an established prem side for >>£5M and we reinvest in a couple of very good prospects (not 17 year olds!) and we strengthen the side overall then I'll be 'ok' with it.

Same here Sleepy1968, sad but life goes on :clap:.

Archived