IGNORED

The Tammy Thank You Thread

Dorset_Cider

We've been saved by a 19 year old lad learning the game. Says a lot about him as a player and as a pro! Fantastic attitude and I wish him all the very best in the future. He's been a iconic figure to young fans this season, you can see the ball boys look up to him in awe! 

We won't have many like him again.

13 minutes ago, downendcity said:

My tongue was wedged firmly in my cheek when posting - not looking to score any points. Ive commented many times that I have had serious doubts about LJ while things were going wrong, and he has a lot still to prove.

However, I have spent months reading post after post when every comment made by owner or head coach appears to have been translated, interpreted  and twisted to a meaning that suits the posters  arguments against LJ, SL and the club.

Fair enough

By the same token I've laughed as more than one poster here wants to put Tammys 'development' down to LJ and how much he must have learnt here

If you read the lads quotes, listen to him and watch him , I'd  suggest most of his development is down to his hunger , hard work and determination and ability to learn

His attitude was the perfect example of a top pro and was a better lesson for any young pro seeing him than anything they could be told in words by any head coach IMHO

He waa a quality player when he came here albeit a young one ( Not a natural but someone who has clearly got their head down and worked and worked IMHO) and will leave a better , wiser one and one who has proved to all , including himself that he's a man , nowhere near a boy

Ironically flogging him up front on his own and often isolated may actually have taught him a lot , (and LJ and staff will undoubtedly helped him in parts ) but I wouldn't say heaving the responsibility on him to get battered alone up top and feed off scraps was a well thought out or ideal coaching plan !

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair enough

By the same token I've laughed as more than one poster here wants to put Tammys 'development' down to LJ and how much he must have learnt here

If you read the lads quotes, listen to him and watch him , I'd  suggest most of his development is down to his hunger , hard work and determination and ability to learn

His attitude was the perfect example of a top pro and was a better lesson for any young pro seeing him than anything they could be told in words by any head coach IMHO

He waa a quality player when he came here albeit a young one ( Not a natural but someone who has clearly got their head down and worked and worked IMHO) and will leave a better , wiser one and one who has proved to all , including himself that he's a man , nowhere near a boy

Ironically flogging him up front on his own and often isolated may actually have taught him a lot , (and LJ and staff will undoubtedly helped him in parts ) but I wouldn't say heaving the responsibility on him to get battered alone up top and feed off scraps was a well thought out or ideal coaching plan !

Much of what he has acheived is down to the lad himself - talent and hard work.

What none of us can know is what influence , if any, LJ had on his progress. However, it would not surprise me if he ( and Chelsea) hold LJ in higher regard than do many City fans.

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Much of what he has acheived is down to the lad himself - talent and hard work.

What none of us can know is what influence , if any, LJ had on his progress. However, it would not surprise me if he ( and Chelsea) hold LJ in higher regard than do many City fans.

Sure

But I think they'll be more impressed with how much game time he got down here and the natural development as a result  , his goal return , how he enjoyed it , and how he was welcomed and looked after 

Not knocking any influence our staff may have made (I'd be intrigued to know Tammys actual views) but I think all the above factors were ones that he earn himself to a large degree

or put it another way - I think Tammy , by his very nature , humility, ability and attitude would have been a huge success at any club albeit the chemistry here went off from day one and the bond seemed very special 

Dear Tammy,

I can not thank you enough for keeping our football club up in the Championship.

In my opinion you are up there with top five players of our club in all times - after one season as a very young man.

I trust our roads will cross again. Until that I will folllow your progress closely.

If Mr. Spaggetti got a brain you will be the Chelsea nr. 9 next season.

Best of luck.

Cheers

Tommy

51 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Dear Tammy,

I can not thank you enough for keeping our football club up in the Championship.

In my opinion you are up there with top five players of our club in all times - after one season as a very young man.

I trust our roads will cross again. Until that I will folllow your progress closely.

If Mr. Spaggetti got a brain you will be the Chelsea nr. 9 next season.

Best of luck.

Cheers

Tommy

Dear Tommmmmy

What da bloody ell

Youahhhhh tellin meahh ,how to picka my bloody sideahhhh ?

grazie molto

Antonio 

Archived