IGNORED

Lap of honour

fanjita

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Here he is... bouncing. 

Utterly embarrassing. 

IMG_6640.PNG

You are absolutely kidding me. We give the blue few grief for being tinpot but my god we're not doing ourselves any favours here are we. Utterly embarrassing indeed. 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Listen to the atmosphere leading up to KO in the Forest Littlewoods Semi Final 

Not a PA or anyone trying to generate some plastic atmosphere in sight

Genuine atmosphere has been deliberately manufactured out of the game.  

Pretty sure LJ would have bounced in response to people chanting for him to do so instead of doing it for no reason.

Good to see the same old names getting their weekly moan out of the way though. Walking around the pitch to give appreciation to the fans like every other club in the country does after the final home game, how dare we! Hopefully you all manage to cheer up a bit over the summer.

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

What the hell was all that about as well. Didnt realise they had won the league.

Exactly what we said. We secured safety last week at Brighton but didn't act like this, we of course clapped the players when they came over and were happy. But then we quickly left and let the Brighton players have their pitch lap with their families etc, they were the home team and I think we respected this.

And as for LJ bouncing, he was doing it after calls from the fans. If he hadn't responded no doubt he would have been booed and slated on here anyway. He's done a lot wrong this season, fair comment but sometimes I feel he just can't win and this is one if those times.

7 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Pretty sure LJ would have bounced in response to people chanting for him to do so instead of doing it for no reason.

Good to see the same old names getting their weekly moan out of the way though. Walking around the pitch to give appreciation to the fans like every other club in the country does after the final home game, how dare we! Hopefully you all manage to cheer up a bit over the summer.

We've done well over the last month to avoid relegation but does avoiding the drop by three points deserve a lap of honour? Don't get me wrong I'm dead pleased we stayed up but a lap of honour is a rare thing that should be reserved for real achievers.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

It's NOT a lap of honour !!!!!

Every Club does it now - it's a Thankyou to fans / Cheerio till next season 

Exactly. If clubs have any cause to celebrate they have open top bus tours, harbour side speeches etc don't they.

4 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

We've done well over the last month to avoid relegation but does avoiding the drop by three points deserve a lap of honour? Don't get me wrong I'm dead pleased we stayed up but a lap of honour is a rare thing that should be reserved for real achievers.

It's not a lap of honour. Most clubs do it regardless of final league position. It's an opportunity for players to thank fans for their support over the season and fans to return their thanks if they wish. Nobody is forced to stay.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

It's not a lap of honour. Most clubs do it regardless of final league position. It's an opportunity for players to thank fans for their support over the season and fans to return their thanks if they wish. Nobody is forced to stay.

Again, exactly. And if the players hadn't come out there would be plenty slagging them off for hiding etc. You could tell it was pretty low key by the lack of celebration, they were walking around respectfully clapping, not wearing silly wigs and jumping on eachother, a la promotion stylee

Tammy was allowed his ovation, and then unexpectedly Cotterill. It was right for the season we've had.

Archived