IGNORED

Championship teams - Who do we want next year?

samo II

With the dust settled on another season for us, I was wondering; who would everyone prefer facing us in the Championship next seaon (i.e. who else do you want to drop down/get promoted/fail in the playoffs)?

For me, it would be Fleetwood from League One (impressed with their progress manager, but will need a Burton-esk season to stay up), the trio of Huddersfield, Wednesday and Reading stay down (feel Town and Weds' squads will be gutted if they fail to go up, and Reading will struggle to keep Stam this summer), and that Boro and Swansea come down - Boro as they don't have a experienced manager in place, and Swansea because it's a relatively local game and I think they'll need to rebuild significantly if they drop.

Anyone else have preferred sides to go up/come down/stay up?

3 hours ago, samo II said:

With the dust settled on another season for us, I was wondering; who would everyone prefer facing us in the Championship next seaon (i.e. who else do you want to drop down/get promoted/fail in the playoffs)?

For me, it would be Fleetwood from League One (impressed with their progress manager, but will need a Burton-esk season to stay up), the trio of Huddersfield, Wednesday and Reading stay down (feel Town and Weds' squads will be gutted if they fail to go up, and Reading will struggle to keep Stam this summer), and that Boro and Swansea come down - Boro as they don't have a experienced manager in place, and Swansea because it's a relatively local game and I think they'll need to rebuild significantly if they drop.

Anyone else have preferred sides to go up/come down/stay up?

Would like to see Millwall to come up... although they are losing :facepalm:

Want Hudds to stay. Their game vs Brum with 10 changes was not fair to Blackburn and Forest. One point in Birmingham for Hudds and Blackburn not relegated. Shame on Hudds I think. Think Swansea is better than Hull, therefore Hull go down. Bradford going up, remember that tuesday night? Wow.

Just now, samo II said:

Fleetwood have looked dire; almost say they don't seem too bothered!  Can't believe how pedestrian they are.

I`ve been wondering myself TBH. Do they really want to go up or aren`t they that bothered - their costs would skyrocket in the championship and they`d probably go straight down again. Imagine what their policing/stewarding costs will be too given all the other northern clubs next year, most of whom will never have been there before. The stadium certainly isn`t brilliant for championship football that`s for sure.

5 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Want Hudds to stay. Their game vs Brum with 10 changes was not fair to Blackburn and Forest. One point in Birmingham for Hudds and Blackburn not relegated. Shame on Hudds I think. Think Swansea is better than Hull, therefore Hull go down. Bradford going up, remember that tuesday night? Wow.

Agree about Huddersfield. Those 10 changes vs Brum were disrespectful to the principles of fair play.

I won't lose any sleep about Blackburn losing out because of it though.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve been wondering myself TBH. Do they really want to go up or aren`t they that bothered - their costs would skyrocket in the championship and they`d probably go straight down again. Imagine what their policing/stewarding costs will be too given all the other northern clubs next year, most of whom will never have been there before. The stadium certainly isn`t brilliant for championship football that`s for sure.

Zero urgency - if I were their coach or a fan I'd be going mental.

They are lucky to be only a goal away from levelling the tie - Bradford have dominated.

15 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wes on for Fleetwood

Fleetwood were absolutely awful - I don't think I've ever seen a team with so much to play for look so disinterested; Bradford were half a yard quicker, first to every second ball, and far more organised.

Going to be a good final, I think; Millwall and Bradford are a decent sides, and think they'll make for an interesting match up.

I'd like Huddersfield to go up, mate a fan, Millwall have never been very welcoming (including the Police and locals so ****'em.
The rest , don't care , but I don't like Bradford either.

Archived