IGNORED

Zlatan & Pogba

downendcity

6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The moral of the story is to become a football agent.  What's the pathway to such a lucrative profession?  Start up a small company now, try to sign up a host of young talented footballers from SW academies and hope 1 or 2 turn into megastars, or even just average stars.

OTIB football agency anyone?

The judgement of many on here would mean the agency going bust pretty quickly.

10 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

You would hope that both Juventus and Man Utd would be punished as well.

Zlatan knocking them in at £147000 per goal in league 2 would be worth seeing!

3 hours ago, WRERE said:

Yeh they do. He's also the agent of Mkhitaryan and Sergio Romero. Don't think I've ever heard of 3 players who all have the same agent go to the same club in the same window.

It's being reported in the press that Raiola was indeed illegally employed by Juve , Utd and Pogba and he could be banned from football

what would he be employed by Juve to do? Obviously represent them I'm guessing, but how so?

11 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

what would he be employed by Juve to do? Obviously represent them I'm guessing, but how so?

His company were used as their agents and were part of the negotiations. I'm not sure why agents are involved in stuff like this though, surely Juve hav a DoF or someone to negotiate all this for them internally.

On talksport today Durham and Goughie were discussing whether Eric Dier is worth the £40m that Man U are allegedly going to bid for him.

That means that Pogba's agent is worth more than the England midfielder!

Mad, or what?

was reading this on the bbc, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39882054 and found the prem comment disgusting,

The money reportedly earnt by Pogba's agent this week prompted Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt to criticise Premier League clubs over the amount of money they spend, saying they were "destroying the game".

In an interview with BBC Sport, he added that their actions filter down to adversely affect clubs in the Football League, which he said was "like a starving peasant begging for scraps".

The Premier League responded to his comments, saying: "We will be writing to Mr Holt to ask him if he wishes the Premier League to continue the support we currently provide for his and other clubs in the EFL."

basically the prem saying don't like it **** off

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:01, downendcity said:

Listened to Talksport on the way home this afternoon, and they were discussing Zlatan's wages, that have been disclosed as £19m pa.

They also discussed that Pogba's agent trousered £41m - YES FORTY ONE MILLION POUNDS - as his cut of the transfer to Man U, which is more than Juventus received!!!!!!!!! They then went on to say that as Pogba is only on £160,000 per week so looking at what Zlatan gets paid and what his agent picked up for the transfer deal, should Pogba get a new agent!

Has the money in football gone completely mad and where do we think it will all end?

Has the money in football gone completely mad and where do we think it will all end?

These sums are logical. A players worth is based solely on what the sellers valuation is and what the buying club is prepared to pay. Because the EPL's income is inflated v all other European leagues, so Pogbas worth is inflated. An Italian side would not pay a similar sum because their income is dwarfed by a club like Manchester Utd.

EPL budgets are set against projected TV cash flows years in advance .. It will end when the income starts to dwindle.

9 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

These sums are logical. A players worth is based solely on what the sellers valuation is and what the buying club is prepared to pay. Because the EPL's income is inflated v all other European leagues, so Pogbas worth is inflated. An Italian side would not pay a similar sum because their income is dwarfed by a club like Manchester Utd.

EPL budgets are set against projected TV cash flows years in advance .. It will end when the income starts to dwindle.

Although I think that wages in football are now at stupid levels, I agree that if a club can afford and is willing to pay then that's up to them and that the inflation in wages has been driven by ever increasing tv revenues.

However, my real question was how an agent can make £41m on a player's transfer, and how, if the agent is acting for the player, the club have paid him this money. As I've commented elsewhere, this transfer deal makes Pogba's agent worth more than Eric Dier, if Man U pay Spurs the reported £40m in the summer.

58 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

was reading this on the bbc, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39882054 and found the prem comment disgusting,

The money reportedly earnt by Pogba's agent this week prompted Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt to criticise Premier League clubs over the amount of money they spend, saying they were "destroying the game".

In an interview with BBC Sport, he added that their actions filter down to adversely affect clubs in the Football League, which he said was "like a starving peasant begging for scraps".

The Premier League responded to his comments, saying: "We will be writing to Mr Holt to ask him if he wishes the Premier League to continue the support we currently provide for his and other clubs in the EFL."

basically the prem saying don't like it **** off

Be grateful for what you get and know your place!

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i hope the prem bubble goes tits up i really do, it's not just destroying english football anymore

Think we might see the creation of some sort of European super league before that happens Monkey.

If so, it will be interesting to se how that affects football finances, as there could then be a lot of current prem teams that could be hit hard as surely the big tv money will go to any super league.

Just now, downendcity said:

Although I think that wages in football are now at stupid levels, I agree that if a club can afford and is willing to pay then that's up to them and that the inflation in wages has been driven by ever increasing tv revenues.

However, my real question was how an agent can make £41m on a player's transfer, and how, if the agent is acting for the player, the club have paid him this money. As I've commented elsewhere, this transfer deal makes Pogba's agent worth more than Eric Dier, if Man U pay Spurs the reported £40m in the summer.

The agents figure differs source to source. Big move, big fee, worth and how is all dictated by how much money is flowing into the EPL.  Manchester Utds revenue has increased by hundreds of % in ten years. Everything is reflective of those increases. Its a free market with no control (% v fee) for agents.

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The agents figure differs source to source. Big move, big fee, worth and how is all dictated by how much money is flowing into the EPL.  Manchester Utds revenue has increased by hundreds of % in ten years. Everything is reflective of those increases. Its a free market with no control (% v fee) for agents.

And that my friend is the problem, there needs to be ground rules and proper regulation in place to stop this sort of money drifting out of the game, it doesn't have to be a set fee it could be up to a maximum of say 8% of the total transfer fee for arguments sake

41 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

To put the money paid for Pogba into perspective. Within 2 weeks of him signing Utd had made £100 million in Pogba shirt sales. 

Goes to show that buying the big boys also has its benefits

Not a chance pogba bought in £100million in two weeks in shirt sales.

Anyone catch the latest exposures about bonuses ? :blink:

Zlatan also received a bonus for every assist he made (Think I heard about £18k a time) (His monstrous salary and goal assist bonuses obviously not enough !)

Possibly the most shocking for me is the revaluation that Balotelli , at Liverpool was on a annual 'Good behaviour' bonus of £1 million a year if he didn't get sent off three times during the season !!!!!!! (Only two sending offs and he could look forward to his fat bonus)

Also a bit about Firmino at Liverpool 

Roberto Firmino gets payed on the basis of his performance as per the forward’s goal bonus structure at Liverpool. The same book which revealed details of Zlatan’s full salary, also detailed Roberto’s bonus pay-out, with hefty sums offered to the Liverpool forward for assists and goals. The book titled ‘Football Leaks: The Dirty Business of Football’ has given insights into many players’ moolah take-outs.

The book shows how Firmino earned £45,000 for a six-yard tap-in for when Liverpool won against Watford 6-1. Liverpool heads gave him a salary of £68,085 per week when he signed in 2015. Apart from this, Firmino was lucky enough to be rewarded also for success and delivery, making his potential pay-out and purpose to perform even higher. The Brazilian definitely showed his commitment and ability to perform this season as he outperformed other players in Liverpool, surpassed his goal tally for last season and showed he has settled into the skin of the Reds.

Roberto Firmino’s first goals of the season were rewarded with £25,000 for each, goals 6 to 10 amounted to £45,000 each and 11 to 15 were £65,000 each. As far as assists go, Firmino has picked a gigantic sum of £190,000 for 6 assists this season, which translates into £31,000 per assist. Firmino has also created more chances than any other Liverpool player in the Premier League this season with 73 in total.

Football Leaks: The Dirty Business of Football’ sounds a interesting read !!!

Whatever people think of Harry Redknapp , was reading that when he signed Defoe for Pompey , Defoes mum who 'represented' him wasn't happy with a big signing on fee and £50k a week and wanted a goal bonus for her Jermaine 

Harry dismissively said 'That's what were going to be paying him £50k a week for'  (:thumbsup:and wouldn't entertain it for a moment

On 11/05/2017 at 19:20, Spoons said:

Not a chance pogba bought in £100million in two weeks in shirt sales.

On 11/05/2017 at 21:09, Bs4Red said:

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2016/08/paul-pogbas-man-utd-shirt-sales-surpass-190-million-first-three-weeks/

Obviously im a liar along with Adidas and all the other places that broadcast it. ***** 

However what we need to understand is £190m = £x profit....and does that cover his £89m transfer.  Thinking about his cheap those shirts are to produce, the profit margins us probably quite high, so I suspect £190m has made Pogba's transfer relatively cheap!

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

However what we need to understand is £190m = £x profit....and does that cover his £89m transfer.  Thinking about his cheap those shirts are to produce, the profit margins us probably quite high, so I suspect £190m has made Pogba's transfer relatively cheap!

Wasn't there a suggestion that Beckhams shirts etc paid for his fee and wages at Real Madrid 

Archived