IGNORED

Prize Money / Solidarity Payments etc

BobBobSuperBob

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Does this mean then that we get a share of Newky's parachute payment? £47m divided by 24 = just shy of £2m.

I think that's premiership income plus money from tv coverage of both semi final legs, final itself, tickets, merch and payment for winning the PO, plus potential parachutes.

I personally think that if Newky got £71m for winning the champ, they should deduct the amount of the parachute for this season. Still making £31m.

Ridiculous money floating around...

I think in the past this was shared between the club's but now the losing club get to keep the gate receipts (minus efl share)

This amount of money being handed to PL teams will inevitably end with the payments for TV rights getting lower. 

By singling out 25 teams (including teams who regularly go up and down on estimates) to receive £100m a year will make the game in England less competitive than it already is, the gap is huge between Top 6 and the rest of the table and soon when it becomes the same teams competing which huge amounts I can see the rest of world lose interest in it, just see La Liga and Serie A, they don't have anything near the amounts English teams receive because of how boring it is only having 12 really competitive games a season. 

They could easily take £50m off the current top 6 and distribute it among the lower leagues and grass roots, making the English more competitive in the long run and hopefully improving the farce that is our national side! 

If only they had someone who truly cared about the game at the top and not someone who's main thought is how big the next pay cheque will be

It really infuriates me :grr:

And yet the premier league thought the good thing to do would be to threaten the Accrington chairman about speaking out. Take 5m off from each premier league team there you could then give each team a bit under an extra 1.5m a year, may not make huge difference to championship teams but L1 and L2 it would be huge. 

Archived