IGNORED

Champions league Qualification

BCFC Rich

Does anyone know how this works now? Top four in prem qualify. If Utd. Win uefa they qualify, if in another world Leicester won the champions league they would qualify. In that scenario would England have 6 teams in the competition? Or do we lose some of the qualifying league positions?

Hope that makes sense. 

14 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Does anyone know how this works now? Top four in prem qualify. If Utd. Win uefa they qualify, if in another world Leicester won the champions league they would qualify. In that scenario would England have 6 teams in the competition? Or do we lose some of the qualifying league positions?

Hope that makes sense. 

If united and Leicester won in Europe then fourth spot wouldn't be a champions league stop. Top 3 with united and Leicester 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think they should rename it the European Cup and only let league winners (and current holders) enter. Then just play games on a knock out basis over two legs :)

Careful, that sounds revolutionary. Might be a step too far for UEFA.

1 hour ago, WarksRobin said:

Careful, that sounds revolutionary. Might be a step too far for UEFA.

Would be pretty good in some ways.

Would help to rebalance slowly European football a bit too- wouldn't just have big nations dominating so much either. Teams like Monaco, Dortmund, Ajax would keep their players and grow (I know the first two are from top 5 in Europe Leagues but even they are distorted- everyone is- by about 10 clubs at most in Europe).

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would be pretty good in some ways.

Would help to rebalance slowly European football a bit too- wouldn't just have big nations dominating so much either. Teams like Monaco, Dortmund, Ajax would keep their players and grow (I know the first two are from top 5 in Europe Leagues but even they are distorted- everyone is- by about 10 clubs at most in Europe).

The harsh reality , the size of the competition  is simply down to £££££££££££

Smaller competition, less games less £££££££££££££££

Simple

On 15/05/2017 at 17:14, RichardEdd said:

Hope that makes sense. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they see which clubs "win" something that could qualify them, then decide if they are the sort of clubs that they want at their top table, then tinker with the rules accordingly..! 

Archived