IGNORED

Were A First Division Club Last Season......

tully

The reason a few noses are being put out of joint this summer re wages/contracts etc is plain and simple down to the way the Football Club was run last season.

The financial structure and the general organisation of the club was as if we were already playing at the higher level. We simply HAD to get promotion last season else we were in deep poo! It was a big gamble by SL that didnt pay off! So deep poo is exactly what SL found himself in at around 4.50pm on Sunday 30 May!

Hence the sacrifice of a well paid manager, able assistant, long serving kit man and some head shrinker bloke! BT and KM were the only managerial options - as there were no funds to look outside the club. All of this had to happen else were looking down the barrel of a financial shotgun!

It has also meant some long-serving players perhaps not getting the reward they think they "deserve". Ah now there's an intersting word! Yes the likes of Bell/Carey/Brown A/Hill etc have been the bedrock of the team for a number of seasons - in that time we have only played one season outside of the dubious level of Div2! So they have failed collectively to achieve their targets!

Dont get me wrong I enjoy seeing the local lads wearing a red shirt but progress has been steady rather than spectacular - and Carey's recent childish public outburst has done him no favours at all.

I hope everyone (and I'm sure they will) gets behind BT - he's certainly started off with a positive approach - it's an interesting 2004-05 season ahead!!

Archived