IGNORED

Class from Scotty

Charlie BCFC

What a lovely read for a Monday morning...

The Adver pushlished an article with zero substance regarding Cotterill thus giving Scott Murray the opportunity to knock it out of the park and he duly did. 

Cotterill has never struck me as the sort of chap to let things go so after 2014-15 any approach would have been comprehensively futile.

Swindon fans hate Swindon Town more than any rival fan any ever could right now. Even though things have been much worse, I can't remember a bleaker outlook.

Hope all is well.

Rich (still lurking)

6 minutes ago, Rich-TWSC- said:

The Adver pushlished an article with zero substance regarding Cotterill thus giving Scott Murray the opportunity to knock it out of the park and he duly did. 

Cotterill has never struck me as the sort of chap to let things go so after 2014-15 any approach would have been comprehensively futile.

Swindon fans hate Swindon Town more than any rival fan any ever could right now. Even though things have been much worse, I can't remember a bleaker outlook.

Hope all is well.

Rich (still lurking)

6 minutes ago, Rich-TWSC- said:

Hope all is well.

Rich (still lurking)

Nice to pop in Rich, I often read the Adver when bored in work and the vitriol aimed at Power/ Sherwood and to a lesser extent Williams is unbelievable, I would be very concerned if I were you that you don't follow Orient into the Conference, what a nasty piece of work Power is though

Cheers, harrys.

I think when your side are in Div 4 and you see established FL sides like Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere and Orient drop in to Non-League football over the last decade then you'd be very naive to think that it won't happen to your team as it absolutely can.

Power's problem is his stubbornness and narcissism. It was obvious from very, very early on that we would struggle this season but he just called worried/angry fans 'mindless morons' and orchestrated our demise.

He fractured a fanbase already full of apathy.

And don't even get me started on Tim Sherwood.

I still don't see why LJ hired JM over SCotty in for a coach role ( let alone assist), maybe scotty himself doesn't want to ruin the good factor he has with city and no do a Tinnion . But I for one would love for him to do the half time announcements I'm sure the players can collect the ball themselves and know which shirt fits them!

Such a polite honest fellow in person too :) and always giving every fan he see's a wave even if it means he walks the wrong way to where he is going. If he does leave anytime he deserves some sort of accolade or an immense Goodbye match!!!

22 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Don't ever let a Swindon fan tell you their history is better than ours. They only crawled out of the bottom two divisions for the first time ever in the mid 1960s.. By which time we'd already played top flight football, reached an FA cup final and won 5 divisional titles....

Totally get what you mean and agree with you, but if you're gonna batter them with stats it's best to be factually correct. We'd won 4 divisional titles by the mid 60s...you could add The Welsh Cup triumph in the 1930s though!

In all honesty they've had tidy sides under macari, ardiles and hoddle but that's 20-30 years ago. For the rest of that time they have been where they are now. I quite liked going there years ago. We always seemed to win. I can remember bob Taylor lumping a ball from our half to junior bent to run through and score. He must of been on medication that day, because he normally hit it in row z lols

10 hours ago, Rich-TWSC- said:

Cheers, harrys.

I think when your side are in Div 4 and you see established FL sides like Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere and Orient drop in to Non-League football over the last decade then you'd be very naive to think that it won't happen to your team as it absolutely can.

Power's problem is his stubbornness and narcissism. It was obvious from very, very early on that we would struggle this season but he just called worried/angry fans 'mindless morons' and orchestrated our demise.

He fractured a fanbase already full of apathy.

And don't even get me started on Tim Sherwood.

You need rid of Power big time, he seems to be heavily involved with Waterford ?

4 minutes ago, elruli said:

In all honesty they've had tidy sides under macari, ardiles and hoddle but that's 20-30 years ago. For the rest of that time they have been where they are now. I quite liked going there years ago. We always seemed to win. I can remember bob Taylor lumping a ball from our half to junior bent to run through and score. He must of been on medication that day, because he normally hit it in row z lols

Great day that - chucking it down IIRC.

Archived