IGNORED

Bristol City Player Archive

Rich-TWSC-

Just wondering if there is any websites that have a comprehensive archive of who have played for City over the years (apps/goals etc)

Swindon have a great one that has everything you need to you (for Swindon aka Swindle aka Inbred etc)

Swindon-Town-Fc.co.uk (Only if you're interested, the majority are not)

Just wouldn't mind looking at a Bristol City equivilant.

Any (serious, non mocking) help would be appreciated

Cheers

Touche Red Army Faction!

Alas they've got to me too late! 14 Years of supporting Swindon (Yeah I know, mock me but next to those relegations and big defeats I've been to Wembley twice in the Play-Offs and left very happy both times and Seen us draw 2-2 in the Premiership vs. Manchester United!)

I'll tell you what though, I know FAR to much about Bristol City! I've always been fond of Bristol City Football Club (don't tell the Swindon fans!)

Abit off-topic, but I think it's sad that Matty Hewlett is your skipper.

Andy King clearly feels as if Swindon are over-shadowed by Bristol City in my opinion. He only made Hewlett skipper because he's a young Bristolian midfielder who wears number 4 - because we had made Doherty our skipper and King felt that he should do the same, hard to expain. But the difference is, Hewlett is anything but captain material :city:

Abit off-topic, but I think it's sad that Matty Hewlett is your skipper.

Andy King clearly feels as if Swindon are over-shadowed by Bristol City in my opinion. He only made Hewlett skipper because he's a young Bristolian midfielder who wears number 4 - because we had made Doherty our skipper and King felt that he should do the same, hard to expain. But the difference is, Hewlett is anything but captain material :dunno:

Just looking through my messages and I found this comment and I didn't reply. I don't think Hewlett's captaincy has anything to do with his Bristol roots. He just did a better job than the piece of inconsistancy that is Andrew Gurney... There was a big difference and he deserved to keep the armband.

On a different note I must add that I'm not a fan of a 2 captain system. I think if your captain leads you on the field he should lead off too. Just my opinion.

just on the info provided about jacki - its a small pedantic point but i thought his debut was against southend the week before the 'from another planet' adventure at leicester - i'm sure he scored as well

feel free to shoot me down if i'm wrong

Just looking through my messages and I found this comment and I didn't reply. I don't think Hewlett's captaincy has anything to do with his Bristol roots. He just did a better job than the piece of inconsistancy that is Andrew Gurney... There was a big difference and he deserved to keep the armband.

On a different note I must add that I'm not a fan of a 2 captain system. I think if your captain leads you on the field he should lead off too. Just my opinion.

I'd call Andy Gurney a piece of something, but it isn't inconsistency. :dunno:

Obviously I don't know but on the Darius Dziekanowski I was suprised to see that Jacki was at Ashton Gate for such a small duration. It's obvious to see the guy made such a big impression in such a limited time but it is a shame you didn't have him for longer than 1 and a bit seasons.

just on the info provided about jacki - its a small pedantic point but i thought his debut was against southend the week before the 'from another planet' adventure at leicester - i'm sure he scored as well

feel free to shoot me down if i'm wrong

jimmyb, you're spot on. Jacki made his debut against Southend (2-2)at AG the week before. It was worth the trip the week after to Leicester in sub zero temperatures just to see this truly gifted player in action for Bristol City. I believe that the Southend game was also Bob Taylor's last as well (on the bench?). Then Gould came in for him and City let him go to West Brom for peanuts. A sad day indeed.

Archived