IGNORED

Cracking journalism in the Post

Major Isewater

Newspapers are often one of a family of many. They each regurgitate similar stories or use template material and cut costs wherever possible at the expense of quality. 

If the quality is reduced too much you don't just cut back, you stop altogether and move on to something else. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Newspapers are often one of a family of many. They each regurgitate similar stories or use template material and cut costs wherever possible at the expense of quality. 

If the quality is reduced too much you don't just cut back, you stop altogether and move on to something else. 

You should read the Gloucester Citizen, which comes from the same stable (knackers yard). Risible shite....awful grammar, spelling and syntax, and half of the articles are practically adverts for crappy eateries or estate agencies. As most of the sports section is circle jerking over Gloucester RFC, I avoid it .My 15 year old daughter would wipe the floor with their "journalists".

On 05/06/2017 at 17:55, Red Right Hand said:

I suspect that Stocky was on a decent wedge and these are kids straight out of college or interns.

I thought you couldn't make a person redundant and then go on to employ another or others in their place. I guess the job must have significantly changed, ie not the same job as Stocky used to do, so the paper can operate this way.

i wish I hadn't clicked on the Gregor link, I had imagined him a a firey ginger Scot by his name. Well there goes that theory!

11 hours ago, RedM said:

I thought you couldn't make a person redundant and then go on to employ another or others in their place. I guess the job must have significantly changed, ie not the same job as Stocky used to do, so the paper can operate this way.

i wish I hadn't clicked on the Gregor link, I had imagined him a a firey ginger Scot by his name. Well there goes that theory!

Correct. It is against employment law.

I've been told the job description is different but it looks to me like Gee Mac Gee is doing the exact same stuff as Stocky... can only assume the job has a few extra responsibilities to make a loophole.

13 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I've been told the job description is different but it looks to me like Gee Mac Gee is doing the exact same stuff as Stocky... can only assume the job has a few extra responsibilities to make a loophole.

I imagine he just sits with his laptop, trawling  the internet (not OTIB) for City rumours. That is, he's doing what you or I do, or for that matter what HITC hacks do.

It makes me laugh that people think hacks get second hand rumours from OTIB instead of second hand rumours from all the other sites via Newsnow or similar.

31 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

There's probably some driving involved . :yes:

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

I imagine he just sits with his laptop, trawling  the internet (not OTIB) for City rumours. That is, he's doing what you or I do, or for that matter what HITC hacks do.

It makes me laugh that people think hacks get second hand rumours from OTIB instead of second hand rumours from all the other sites via Newsnow or similar.

Perhaps that's the difference in job description? Stocky's may have said "to interview and coordinate with BCFC staff and publish stories and occasionally publish internet rumours". Gee Mac Gee's may say "publish any old shit relating to City found on internet but not OTIB".

Archived