IGNORED

Genuinely Concerned

Suffolk Red

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

If Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley and Brighton are in the Prem then we should be targeting promotion. 

You think we are not?

47 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I will be interested to see if we do manage to get any more promising youngsters on loan from the big prem teams. No doubt Chelsea will get the inside story from Tammy about what really went on behind the scenes last season.

I suspect LJ's reputation may have been dented by last season's horror run. His rep now is more 'lucky not to be sacked' than 'top young coach'. Tammy's opinion will no doubt be important in affecting Chelsea's view on loaning us more players. If we don't get any I would say that tells a story.

Plus LJ started last season in a very strong position so we probably looked like a stable setup to loan a youngster into. Now he looks vulnerable if we start badly. That might make it less attractive too.

Or perhaps Tammy might report back that he loved his time at City, felt he progressed even better than he ( or Chelsea expected) and that he benefitted from his time working with LJ and the City coaching team, despite the problems the team experienced in the middle part of the season.

Perhaps LJ's reputation might then be enhanced, as he came through a tough time, with the backing of an owner who is concerned about maintaining as much stability at BCFC, to which a club looking to loan is up and coming youngsters might be attracted.

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Far, far too early to worry.

I do think those who say (as someone did yesterday) that a Taylor, Djuric, Engvall strike force would work are deluded, but do expect some (but fewer) arrivals than last summer so hopefully an emphasis on first team not squad players.

Saw that too.....Football Manager 2002/3 tactic.

9 hours ago, j1974 said:

I think Magnusson with the guile and Wright with the grit would work pretty well as a centre back pairing and with Taylor Moore who was apparently very good at Bury as back up that is one area I am not to concerned about .

The one thing we do need is an injection of pace in this squad so a  right back ,striker and right winger all with a bit of pace would be priority for me.

Pace....that's top of my wish list for every player we sign.

Going back to Joe Bryan - if we are analytical of his performances at LB, how many games has he had a bad game defensively?  From the games I've seen, very, very few.  Most of our criticisms have been the inconsistency of his attacking okay, crosses, giving angles etc.  I do think he's a reactive left back, when I would expect him to be pro-active in his positioning and anticipation.  He can improve those.  He has a lot going for him if he can.  Now, I know the modern full-back is not just a defensive job, but there are plenty worse in our division.  I'm all for bringing in someone who our management team think are an upgrade, but I'm not one for thinking he's League One at best.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Or perhaps Tammy might report back that he loved his time at City, felt he progressed even better than he ( or Chelsea expected) and that he benefitted from his time working with LJ and the City coaching team, despite the problems the team experienced in the middle part of the season.

Perhaps LJ's reputation might then be enhanced, as he came through a tough time, with the backing of an owner who is concerned about maintaining as much stability at BCFC, to which a club looking to loan is up and coming youngsters might be attracted.

Yep maybe that will happen. As I said, I will be interested to see which way it goes. I really don't know which way it will but the outcome may give us a clue as to how Tammy's loan was perceived by the big clubs.

18 hours ago, Super said:

I'm interested as to why people think next season will be any different though?

because it's unknown, none of us knows the future and to be fair, when it clicked this season we played well, 

Personally I don't think Johnson will last the season but I do think it will be alot better then the past season

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

because it's unknown, none of us knows the future and to be fair, when it clicked this season we played well, 

Personally I don't think Johnson will last the season but I do think it will be alot better then the past season

It's a big sumner for Johnson and I suspect he will know that. He has to get off to a good start despite how the fixtures may be for us. If he starts badly then I'm not sure the club will back him as strongly as they did last season.

His number one priority is obviously to replace Tammy, whether we turn to the loan market or try and sign someone permanently remains to be seen.

He selected a team and formation that clicked at the end of the season. Hopefully he will preserve with that formation and target players who can fit that system and style of play

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

because it's unknown, none of us knows the future and to be fair, when it clicked this season we played well

A handful of games. We were truly shocking in most games.

2 hours ago, Super said:

you're doing the team a big dis-service to be fair super, there were plenty of games in that run we lost when we should of won, mistakes cost us,

I really think we'll be mid-table, but we need to sort the defense to do it

On 06/06/2017 at 14:22, Super said:

I'm interested as to why people think next season will be any different though?

Every season is different . How many Huddersfield fans expressed the same negative sentiments on their forum before the start of last season ? 

I'm sure many fans of Ex. Prem winners Blackburn thought they'd have a good chance of promotion certainly not to find themselves in the Third division .

That ,surely ,is the beauty of the game that no one can predict what will happen . 

5 hours ago, Super said:

I don't get to every game by any means but the only two games I saw where we were shockingly poor were Forest and QPR away. Even against Cardiff at home we looked like better side for about 75 minutes before screwing it up completely...

On 6/6/2017 at 13:14, BCFCGav said:

I don't feel as worried about the defence as most it seems. Aye we'll probably lose Flint, but Bryan has struggled at LB so Kemar Lawrence may well be an upgrade. We released Little so clearly an improvement is being lined up there, and BW has been a quality centre half for us with proven Championship credentials. Then consider we already have Mags, Hegeler and Moore plus will sign a new CB to replace Flint, potentially Bolger, and I don't think our defence will be bad by any means. 

yes that makes perfect sense , so whats the panic about  ?

Archived