IGNORED

2005 The West Country's Finest Year

Southport Red

3) Jensen Button wins F1 Drivers Championship

What? Button is total ####. He has been outperformed by kamikase Sato, who has been unlucky with engines. Button is just the Tim Henman of F1- he's completely rubbish but the media have to build him up because there's no other Brits.

What? Button is total ####. He has been outperformed by kamikase Sato, who has been unlucky with engines. Button is just the Tim Henman of F1- he's completely rubbish but the media have to build him up because there's no other Brits.

Formula 1 Drivers Championship

1 Michael Schumacher

2 Rubens Barrichello

3 Jenson Button

4 Jarno Trulli

5 Fernando Alonso

6 Juan Pablo Montoya

7 Takuma Sato

8 Ralf Schumacher

Yes, totally outperformed by Sato..... :city:

A 34 point difference cannot be down to 'unlucky engline failure'.

you're joking...right?

Jenson Button is THE only challenger to Ferrari.

Yes Sato seems to keep blowing up but they believe it is probably to do with the way he's racing the car. And when he doesn't blow up he makes crazy manoevers anyway! I don't dislike Sato-he is a quick driver but Jenson is clearly the better driver.

BAR are on their way up but I would still rather have a Renault to drive.

Young but cool- driver on his way up...and from Somerset! woohoo!

(if you really want to look at drivers who the media over-rate look at Coulthard and Hill)

PS- why do you hate him so much? He's hardly a dangerous driver nor does he slate other drivers. He's very likeable. Wouldn't be jealousy at a young man with looks, money and fame would it?

Everyone who keeps slagging off British sportman on this forum Not Happy

they are built up to be world beaters , mainly by media hype and they definately aint ^_^

"A God"?! Think that's a bit of an exagerration!! He's the best player we've had for years amongst a mediocre crop of British tennis players. Hardly anyone plays tennis in this country bar those belonging to tennis-clubs(a minority!)..it's not surprising considering the general level of tennis-facilities on offer! Without paying an often extortionate amount for a sub-standard court the only way you can play is to sneak into a local schools courts or whatever..!

In Spain whenever I've been on holiday there have been loads of public tennis courts of a much higher standard around pretty much every other street..the majority of countries who have great tennis players are those where the climate is a lot hotter and less likely to be windy/rainy..seeing as we're getting about 2 weeks a year where it's not going to hammer it down when you go outside it's not surprising that the majority don't make the effort to play tennis on a regular basis. It seems the general perceived view is that tennis is a sport played only two weeks a year when Wimbledon's on!!

Give me football over tennis anyday..although when the weather's nice it can be therapeutic to smash a tennis-ball around a court!

Dazza 247 let someone else reply to my post, cause I know Henman not a God but he is compared to Rusedski currently in the final in North America NEWPORT which if he wins against Alexander Popp will equal his first title win back in 1993. Basically I'm sick of people on this forum slagging of our British Sports people for no reason when they can't be bothered to get off there arses and do something about the state of British Sports thereselves.

Dazza 247 let someone else reply to my post, cause I know Henman not a God but he is compared to Rusedski currently in the final in North America NEWPORT which if he wins against Alexander Popp will equal his first title win back in 1993. Basically I'm sick of people on this forum slagging of our British Sports people for no reason when they can't be bothered to get off there arses and do something about the state of British Sports thereselves.

A lot of people on this forum are the same age as David Lloyd, can't see them being the next answer to Fred Perry can you?!..Henman is a good tennis player but not in the same league as the likes of Federer, Sampras, Agassi, Becker of old etc so is unlikely to ever win Wimbledon or another major..!

Back to the original topic though let's hope it is a successful year for Westcountry Sport with a Double Championship Party in May with City and Yeovil Town both winning their respective League-Titles..!!

But that's no reason to keep slagging Henman off dazza247 can't you pick on someone at your level at tennis.

Hope City and Yeovil win there respected Leagues but can't see it happening some how as in my lifetime nothing major has happened at Football or Tennis.

Archived