IGNORED

Club Shop range

BCFC@Frome

22 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Range is poor, and has been for years

Said it before, get a retro range in there. Some of the old Hirerite shirts - have a look on twitter and all the companies making money selling 80s kits to gentlemen & women of a certain age

They used to have a few of these. I bought a pinstriped Hirerite shirt maybe 7-8 years ago in the old shop.

6 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

They used to have a few of these. I bought a pinstriped Hirerite shirt maybe 7-8 years ago in the old shop.

I'd be interested to know how many they sold? Maybe the retro kit is more of a 'thing' now, might be worth looking at again?

I emailed the club shop and received a not so informative answer.

Bristol Sport proving once again that the fans and the actual sport side of things is a side line to the "big business".

"We have in stock training hoodies of last season in adult sizes, unfortunately we do not have a date yet for the new ones. The new away kit (no hoodies) will be available on 21stof June."

Just now, BCFC@Frome said:

I emailed the club shop and received a not so informative answer.

Bristol Sport proving once again that the fans and the actual sport side of things is a side line to the "big business".

"We have in stock training hoodies of last season in adult sizes, unfortunately we do not have a date yet for the new ones. The new away kit (no hoodies) will be available on 21stof June."

It's pretty poor. They've had the whole season to sort out the new gear. No excuses with it being in-house now either.

55 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I'd be interested to know how many they sold? Maybe the retro kit is more of a 'thing' now, might be worth looking at again?

I don't recall seeing that many about, though there are a few more of the older cotton ones knocking around. Toffs sell some retro City shirts, but not the Hirerite ones.

On 9 June 2017 at 22:17, Selred said:

The shop always seems to be a last thought for the club. 

Firstly it was built far too small, then it's almost laughable the time it took to have the ability to buy tickets in there, and finally the stock and variety is really poor. My father has wanted a photograph of the Gate which sold out months ago but it seems they aren't restocking a popular product, very odd! 

All agreed; hopelessly small comes to mind and how they cannot keep it fully stocked 365 days of the year defies reasonable belief.. it is a huge error with what appears a large does of incompetence; they have missed my sale which would have been very large indeed and I suspect that means with thousands of other fans this runs into the tens of thousands of pounds which will multiply unless all of these things are addressed. Quite unbelievable really that a club which spent 45 million on new facilities cannot get one of the more important aspects right; which reminds me, the coffee shop is also woefully inadequate. I mean look at how many people serve you in both? it maybe ok for a small high street coffee shop or store but why have a stadium with 20k plus people in it with 3 people serving you? it really does beggar belief. They surely employed consultants for these designs and layouts? Well, they failed abysmally. 

Came down early for the Millwall game and went to the club shop today.

I've always thought City were an easy target on things like this and it isn't too bad, but seriously WTF?

The range must be about 20% of what the old shop used to stock. It's not just about having rugby gear, there are about 10 different items total.

I've seen bigger football club ranges in airport departure lounges. It's shocking. I'm actually embarrassed and amazed that I have a bigger range of South Bristol gear.

When the vice chairman is designing the training gear perhaps you just can't get the staff, but with the audience and affinity City has I'm amazed how little range of stock we have invested in.

I went in the shop yesterday, as I was queueing I looked down to see books on Forest Green Ro**rs for sale?? WTF?? We can't stock enough range of our own club but have room for other league clubs to sale their tat. Why not get some blue and white quarter t-shirts for sale??

Archived