IGNORED

Useful Phone Apps

Maesknoll Red

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Take me to my car. So when you park somewhere you open the app, select park, then when you can't find your car (say you're in a massive shopping centre or an unfamiliar area) you open the app and it shows you on a map where to go. 

That's pretty cool, could imagine fans using it at away games when parking in random spots.

Should I Answer? It's an app on Android  (not sure if it's on Apple), that acts as a call minder. The icon is an octopus with many phones. You let it have access to your calls, and if you have those pesky PPI or Ambulance chasers phoning you, so long as it's been reported as a nuisance number  (through the community/report function), then it will block the call.

Before I downloaded it, I was getting up to about 5 calls a day sometimes. Downloaded it to try it, and very rarely get any now. You do sometimes get a few that sneak through, usually if it's not been reported, and sometimes they do go straight to your voicemail (although rarely), and most text message spam has also stopped.

Honestly couldnt recommend it enough!!

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

That's pretty cool, could imagine fans using it at away games when parking in random spots.

Exactly this. Plus it doesn't have to be your car. Say you're in a strange City and you're at a hotel. You go for a wander round, and can use it to find your way back to where you're staying :) 

9 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Exactly this. Plus it doesn't have to be your car. Say you're in a strange City and you're at a hotel. You go for a wander round, and can use it to find your way back to where you're staying :) 

I have used this at Glastonbury until I got my bearings to find my tent. Leaving it in the daylight is very different to returning in the early hours when hundreds of others have sprung up

Here now maps. You can download maps for a country (or state if it's a big country) and can then use these offline so don't need to use any data or wifi. Found it really useful when I was in Toronto last year to see where I was and making it back to the hotel ok. 

Archived