IGNORED

Transfer window and premiership money

Lorenzos Only Goal

This TV deal is royally going to screw up the transfer window, just a few fee's been paid so far and they are astronomical for players that have just dropped down a division.  I can see a lot of clubs with decent players that we're looking at, holding out until the very last minute to try and maximise any transfer fee's.  I think there is a real possibility we could start the season with a few lower league additions and maybe a couple of European signings.  All this money is going to mess things up horribly I think.

Certainly seems a sellers market at the moment. Clubs holding out to see what the market value actually is for their players. 

Just look at us last season with kodjia. At the end of 15/16 season we as fans would have probably been happy with 6 or 7 million if we knew he wanted to leave. 16/17 season started and interest gathered for him then 10 million got banded about but we held out for 12 to 15 million and got it. 

12 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

This TV deal is royally going to screw up the transfer window, just a few fee's been paid so far and they are astronomical for players that have just dropped down a division.  I can see a lot of clubs with decent players that we're looking at, holding out until the very last minute to try and maximise any transfer fee's.  I think there is a real possibility we could start the season with a few lower league additions and maybe a couple of European signings.  All this money is going to mess things up horribly I think.

I think it's more a case of Premier League clubs realising that they need English players in their squads especially if this Brexit situation happens & selling clubs are aware of this fact so they can hold out for bigger fee's.

Archived