IGNORED

Going to football on your tod...

Lordofthebling

14 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Well that's it, life is over.

On and off season ticket holder for a good few years. Once upon a time there were ten of us who regularly went to the gate, then a few moved away and it turned to five, and finally the last of my mates has now just said he can't renew his ticket as they've just had a baby...

I can't not go to the gate. And I definitely don't wanna drag the mrs there!! Some thing's in life should not be shared...

Does anyone here go to the gate on their own? What's it like? Do you get funny looks? Do you get the 'ahhhh' face from others when drinking natch on your own on the wall in February? 

I hear you buddy. Use to be a big group of my lot. Now we're down to like 5 due to marriage and kids........rubbish.

As for going on one's own, did it a few times. Didn't like it at all. Football is about the social, meeting your mates, having a few beers. Tae that away and the experience is far less enjoyable.

Easy to chat to those around you, and there's always familiar faces you know, but not the same.

13 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Seems I'll be alright then...

Lived in London for about 15 years, so I'll have to get used to talking to people and being polite again! 

You should meet up with these lovely chaps, Lord: https://twitter.com/bcfc_fans_fc?lang=en-gb

Think they have a whatsapp group and there's usually some of them coming back from London for home games or obviously meeting up for the away games in London and also other away games too.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You should meet up with these lovely chaps, Lord: https://twitter.com/bcfc_fans_fc?lang=en-gb

Think they have a whatsapp group and there's usually some of them coming back from London for home games or obviously meeting up for the away games in London and also other away games too.

I was in the predecessor the Supporters Club London Branch.  I got the impression that it had been a lot more lively in the past and was down to about six when I joined, good bunch though and six good 'uns is better than 3,000 Facebook "friends".

Could just all arrange a place, wear your red rose and copy of the times under your arm and meet up for pre-match drink - who knows if you all get along you could start sitting together and become best buddies, film and book rights need to be sorted.

14 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Used to go on my own about 20 years ago....then  met a ridiculously young @Chris_Brown and his dad, who sat in front of me.  Saw that lad grow up into an annoying lanky shit(!) and along the way ended up continuing to travel to the game on my own, but never going to the game on my own if that makes sense.  Good friends with both of them now... 

Sometimes wish I'd moved elsewhere in the ground in the early days now! :D

So do we Steve, so do we.:dance:

17 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

Well that's it, life is over.

On and off season ticket holder for a good few years. Once upon a time there were ten of us who regularly went to the gate, then a few moved away and it turned to five, and finally the last of my mates has now just said he can't renew his ticket as they've just had a baby...

I can't not go to the gate. And I definitely don't wanna drag the mrs there!! Some thing's in life should not be shared...

Does anyone here go to the gate on their own? What's it like? Do you get funny looks? Do you get the 'ahhhh' face from others when drinking natch on your own on the wall in February? 

Proof Bristol City has a soft underbelly.

Have a f******g word with yourself.

:punish:

tfj

Pretty much every game I've been to since I was 15 and first started going to the 'Gate.  You find that actually, you can interact with other fans; oddly enough not so much at away games.

Doesn't bother me, but then I'm not the most sociable person! (although perfectly pleasant, if a bit of a moaner)

Going with someone else sometimes means you spend more time chatting to them than watching the game.

Just now, BigTone said:

:wub: but I still love you

That's nice of you to say so, publicly, once again.

We BOTH know I am (this week) totally smitten with Andrea "Foxy-Chops" Leadsom.

As an honest person, I don't want to lead you on, in fact, could you kindly piss-off?

:laughcont:

tfj

Just now, Taxi for Johnson said:

Precisely.

You wind me up - I get abusive - you PM Dolls - I get more warning points.

Do you think I am going to fall for that ******* ****?

Not ******** hapnin'.

tfj

Ah bless ............... :wub::wub: but rest assured you are not an intimate subject of discussion between Dolly (my beloved) and myself.

Just now, BigTone said:

Ah bless ............... :wub::wub: but rest assured you are not an intimate subject of discussion between Dolly (my beloved) and myself.

Not your day, is it?!

Phantom has turned up instead of Dolls.

:P

tfj

Archived