IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

I think that's it done, we needed a couple more this morning IMO and Stokes drop finished it. With rain expected and Smith given a life I don't think they can take the last 7 in time.
I would love to know why the Ump didn't give the catch, if he thought it was pad we should keep the review. If it was because Stokes threw the ball away fair do's .

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think the main factors are a) age of the bowlers b) the five tests being so close together. 

Age is only a factor for Jimmy and Broady, though. We should get a few more years out of Wood and Woakes, but I doubt they will make the next home Ashes series in 2027. Mo’s done regardless, which made his selection pointless IMO, especially when we have a young leggy who took five-for on debut in Pakistan over the winter.

We basically need a whole new bowling attack in the next four years. I know the selectors like Cook (Essex), Ahmed (Leics) and Fisher (Yorkshire). Mahmood (Lancs) and Robinson both have lingering fitness issues.

Edited by tin

Just now, 1960maaan said:

I think that's it done, we needed a couple more this morning IMO and Stokes drop finished it. With rain expected and Smith given a life I don't think they can take the last 7 in time.
I would love to know why the Ump didn't give the catch, if he thought it was pad we should keep the review. If it was because Stokes threw the ball away fair do's .

Based on the quality of umpiring we've seen from him, he definitely thought it was pad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Looks ok from after tea. Aussies will win this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

"Miscalculation" by the umpires, which is entirely in keeping with their performance in the series.

Has a lot been made of this? I haven’t heard much but it’s feels they have been very poor throughout.

Cmon boys!!!!