IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

On 11/05/2024 at 13:46, phantom said:

I wondered if he was told that he wasn’t going to be selected going forward, but out of respect for his services they agreed to one final match 

I think that’s spot on Phants. Many, including me  were expecting Jimmy to announce his retirement shortly after Stuart Broad did but that didn’t happen.

He’s 42 and although he can still bowl at 80+ England need to develop quicker bowlers. I was listening to Rob Keys recently and he said how much 5mph on a delivery makes to the best batsmen in the world. Guys that can bowl at 90mph are rare. He mentioned Starc as one that can bowl at that pace.

England have Wood and Archer both who can bowl at 90+ but both are injury prone unfortunately. Key’s mentioned one young county bowler who’s name I can’t remember as a potential candidate.

No doubt at all that Anderson will get a guard of honour as he takes the pitch at Lords for his last test. He is after all the pace bowler that’s taken more test wickets than anyone else and Englands greatest.

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Decent win in the end - is there a better death bowler than Chris Jordan? Nice to see Jofra back too, took him an over or so to settle but after that he looked good.

Hopefully Archer can stay fit now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Super said:

It will be interesting to see what attendances they get in the USA. I can't imagine Netherlands v Nepal is going to attract many.

I think i read somewhere they were handing out loads of free tickets to schools etc

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Super said:

It will be interesting to see what attendances they get in the USA. I can't imagine Netherlands v Nepal is going to attract many.

If the USA do well then then the attendances will rocket.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super said:

They've ensured India and Pakistan are based in the USA for the first stage in order to pull in the expats.