IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

18 minutes ago, Rob k said:

This looks a tough one to swallow as a batsman given out for LBW on review 

IMG_7119.thumb.png.3f15df1b1b972593a0fffb7c79d487b4.png

Didn't there used to be something in the rules, that took into account how far down the pitch the batter was ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Markthehorn said:

Good to see Root hit some form .

Much needed 

I wonder whether they have had a word with him. It makes sense to me that Root plays his normal game its what he does best.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I wonder whether they have had a word with him. It makes sense to me that Root plays his normal game its what he does best.

And the thing is he does't score like a Trott or Tavaré , he normally scores reasonably quickly. There was never a need to change and chase runs.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

And the thing is he does't score like a Trott or Tavaré , he normally scores reasonably quickly. There was never a need to change and chase runs.

Harsh on Jonathan Trott this, strike rate of 47 in test cricket which is absolutely fine for a number three.

5 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Harsh on Jonathan Trott this, strike rate of 47 in test cricket which is absolutely fine for a number three.

Possibly, and I loved him as a player. But he was someone who could/would drop anchor and you don't think of him has a dasher . 

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Is that Pope’s ? It looked bad enough from the front let alone that! 

Yeah it was - it’s a shocker in my opinion, 3m to travel and has hit him on the roll and he’s given out. I’m not having that.

Edited by Rob k
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I can't believe they think their technology is good enough to track a ball that far.

The more i look at it the worse it gets, he was bowling at 85mph, there is no way that balls hitting the stumps and i won’t be convinced otherwise 😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Don’t rate him as a player or a bloke.

Just a bit of a knob isn’t he?

I used to love him as a bowler when he first came in to the side. When he bowled 83-84.  Bowling 77-78 is little threat.  In terms of him as a person, he sent those tweets when he was 19 but other than that I’ve no idea 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

I used to love him as a bowler when he first came in to the side. When he bowled 83-84.  Bowling 77-78 is little threat.  In terms of him as a person, he sent those tweets when he was 19 but other than that I’ve no idea 

And that 6mph makes all the difference at this level. He’s just not a threat, unless it’s the first weekend of May in England!

That trim aswell…

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Sam Cook, Brydon Carse, Josh Tongue, Matt Potts, Gus Atkinson, Matt Fisher.  As always a lot will depend on sustained fitness.  Stone was supposed to be the next big thing and he’s 29 soon. Never fit 

And yet none are anywhere near the quality of Jimmy even at 41.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

And yet none are anywhere near the quality of Jimmy even at 41.

No they aren’t near to the best English fast bowler of all time and wouldn’t expect them to be. Jimmy wasn’t all that hot at some of their ages either though 

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

He’s 30 now.

Blimey.  What a waste of talent 

Edited by And Its Smith