IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

6 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Holding retired, Bumble was got rid of by sky. Has been on talksport commentary for this test match. Still as entertaining as ever.

What!? They sacked their most amusing and entertaining commentator?  
Thats crazy……….:(

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

What!? They sacked their most amusing and entertaining commentator?  
Thats crazy……….:(

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall he made some dubious comments of a perceived racist nature.

I am speaking from memory, which, as we both know, tends to fade with age, but I believe he commented on the Yorkshire racist incident concerning the Asian player (a Muslim, but whose name I certainly don’t remember) and his reluctance to join his teammates for drinks after a match, suggesting something along the lines of ‘They are all the same, that lot’.

And No, I am not confusing him with Michael Vaughan and his alleged racist comments.

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall he made some dubious comments of a perceived racist nature.

I am speaking from memory, which, as we both know, tends to fade with age, but I believe he commented on the Yorkshire racist incident concerning the Asian player (a Muslim, but whose name I certainly don’t remember) and his reluctance to join his teammates for drinks after a match, suggesting something along the lines of ‘They are all the same, that lot’.

Sky got rid of Le Tissier for something he posted on Twitter. He didn’t say what it was tho.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Statistically he is one of the worst umpires.  I think about 80% of reviews are upheld. Wilson is quite a bit lower than that I believe 

Yeah I was being sarcastic, he’s atrocious.

Have no idea how he keeps getting games in high profile series.

Surely Joe Root is far too good a player to be getting out the way he has recently.

There is still surely a case to occasionally just occupy the crease. Ashwin is out the game, Jadeja clearly isn’t fully fit, surely the wise move is attempt to just see Bumrah off, not get out doing that.

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Surely Joe Root is far too good a player to be getting out the way he has recently.

There is still surely a case to occasionally just occupy the crease. Ashwin is out the game, Jadeja clearly isn’t fully fit, surely the wise move is attempt to just see Bumrah off, not get out doing that.

It’s the 9th time in 13 games he’s been out playing that shot 

Perfectly summed up by Aggers

England have chucked it away. Test cricket is played over a long five days. You have to be tactically flexible and apply common sense, according to the match situation. England have failed spectacularly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

You wouldn’t fancy being a bowler in this team would you!! 

Wood bowled something like 28 overs in their first innings and is back out there 70 overs later 

I enjoy the 'bazball" freedom to play your natural game , but it does seem sometimes it's at the expense of just taking the steam out of the game when you need to.
What was the gain Vs loss of that Root shot ? I know he does play it well , but he seems to do it because he's expected to . If he sticks around and just plays his sensibly , he will scored at 3 an over anyway. 
The first Test they pulled out of the bag, but 140 behind and 10 wickets to get on a Wicket that is only getting harder to Bat on ? I can't see past an India win , really hope I'm wrong obviously. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I enjoy the 'bazball" freedom to play your natural game , but it does seem sometimes it's at the expense of just taking the steam out of the game when you need to.

‘Bazball’ is definitely risk and reward but the approach encourages the batsman to play with freedom and to decrease the criticism that might come by playing a reckless shot - KP would have loved to played under Stokes and McCullum.