IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If you understood the complexity of game Tone you’d really enjoy it.

Test cricket is the ultimate form of the game

Val, when I lived in Oz I followed the cricket big time and certainly understood all.  Every year they had the one day World Series (Kerry Packer if you recall) which was 3 nations playing (Oz & 2 others). They then changed the format to 4 teams (Oz A, Oz B & 2 others). Talk about trying to fix the outcome.  Then came the match fixing, ball tampering & cheating allegations in cricket in general which put me off forever. It is a complete load of bollox. It is now the ultimate in cheating and nothing more.

20 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Val, when I lived in Oz I followed the cricket big time and certainly understood all.  Every year they had the one day World Series (Kerry Packer if you recall) which was 3 nations playing (Oz & 2 others). They then changed the format to 4 teams (Oz A, Oz B & 2 others). Talk about trying to fix the outcome.  Then came the match fixing, ball tampering & cheating allegations in cricket in general which put me off forever. It is a complete load of bollox. It is now the ultimate in cheating and nothing more.

Not any more Tone.

Sounds like your view on cricket has been corrupted on your experiences in OZ - those days are long gone.

Edited by Robbored

49 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

This must be heading towards one of our heaviest  ever defeats by runs surely?

Yeah but it is bazball so its ok

Wonder how long real cricket fans will put up with losing test series to the better teams

in the name of entertainment 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Bazball was the greatest thing since sliced bread 2 Tests ago.

Against the poorer teams yes

But playing that type of cricket against the better sides 

you will lose more games than you win

Leave that type of cricket for the T20 stuff

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super said:

Baseball should still involve playing with some common sense. 

As Mike Atherton said on Sky you cannot keep giving away big first innings leads particularly in India as unlike in England the pitches tend to get worse and worse.

Edited by Markthehorn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Robinson and Bashir in for Wood and Ahmed. Some suggestions that Stokes might bowl.

Saw that he was bowling in the nets, I guess it depends on his reaction to it. 
If the pitch is as bad as they say, could be a short game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

The ball that did stokes is a disgrace for a day one pitch

There have been a few, almost expected after hearing reports pre match. Not great though, as you say.

I am really pleased to see Root and Foakes playing the situation for a change.  I have loved the attacking "BazBall" but there has to be some common sense or you may as well pick the T20 side. 

Cliché alert .....
You can't tell what the pitch is like until both team have batted , with the bounce and movement seamers could play a big part and Anderson , Robinson and Stokes (?) ain't a bad trio to have .